2019 Utah Turkey hunt play by play

S

stikbrandon

Look herrrrr Girl Scouts, landed this morning in salt lake at 9 AM, my buddy Matt swooped me up and off the the mountains we went!

No eyes on birds today but plenty of action. Tons of response calls and running and gunning.

Stay tuned for live action!

Also

Moose bout trampled us when we/she at 5 yards were face to face. looks right at my buddy and I and blast off right behind us stops at 15 and I snapped this cool pic!

B73C7FAA-E40D-4E1D-898D-1A1256BAE203.jpeg723AF368-9BB5-4E94-8CD0-AA413AC5C4FE.jpegC697C6C5-B822-4C79-BC3D-0FE4EB06BBCD.jpeg

That dang red head B-lined in the wrong direction, long day with little action after this morning, one more morning left and I fly out tomorrow night guys.
Wish me luck !

.45A3E8D4-C16F-49A8-8D24-BA913D0C918E.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Man this hour time change really chaps my rear end. On the trail in now, I better not see the old grinder in a tree cause he’s liable to take a fall. What would Hatchet do!?!?!?

No cars at the spot. Wish me luck

Reactions: Dawnandusk
In the thunder chickens.

One headed our way. I think it’s about time to get out the truck ain’t it Hatchet ?

Never leave the truck...those yard birds like the truck.. And if you do make sure your phone is fully charged so you can continue the blog! Thats what i do.

This is frustrating..... lol, he pinned us right away, came in from a different direction, dam near behind us. Needless to say I got a couple more hours.

Well on my end I could not get it done, not with out lack of trying. Any time in the woods is a great time. Had a first with that moose stand off, that was intense and made my trip right then and there.

These short out of state trips are extremely fun and not to bad on the wallet. You learn something new every time you get out.

For all the new guys that got the bug, success is not measured on kills but yet the experience and experiences you gain and take with you. We all like to get game on the ground but being unsuccessful makes you a better hunter in the long run.

Utah did not disappoint though, my buddy smacked a Jake and we ate good!

I love UTAH!

Attachments

• DB50989F-811A-4BCB-8B6A-69FB90B6365C.jpeg
    DB50989F-811A-4BCB-8B6A-69FB90B6365C.jpeg
    273.5 KB · Views: 18
  • F8F42D5A-E984-471E-8BC1-A7CEB088E742.jpeg
    F8F42D5A-E984-471E-8BC1-A7CEB088E742.jpeg
    312.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 641E8716-DAC5-4132-AE6A-F002639850A7.jpeg
    641E8716-DAC5-4132-AE6A-F002639850A7.jpeg
    263 KB · Views: 18
  • 555AF2DF-C9E1-4A39-8DF5-3EA7B4BF15ED.jpeg
    555AF2DF-C9E1-4A39-8DF5-3EA7B4BF15ED.jpeg
    339.1 KB · Views: 17
Cool trip, enjoyed the play by play.
It’s pretty easy to get caught up in the kill kill kill when it’s really about having fun with your buddies,
(Except for Hatchet, he just sits in the truck. That dude ain’t no fun)
And enjoying all the experiences that are out there. That Moose will be etched into your memory bank for a long time.

It’s pretty easy to get caught up in the kill kill kill when it’s really about having fun with your buddies,
And enjoying all the experiences that are out there. That Moose will be etched into your memory bank for a long time.
Or i usually just usually stand there and do absolutely nothing. And never kill anything. But sitting in the truck or just standing there is better than not sitting in the truck or just standing there..thats for sure!

That moose encounter was a memory I’ll never forget.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu