2022 AZ Late Season Bull opener ...

.....I recieved a voicemail a short time ago on morning 2 of the hunt.......it was scratchy...and barely legible....it was from #3 who is in our favorite unit to hunt the elusive bull elk....but I was able to make out the message..the tone was excitable and loud...it was a tone I've heard 100,s of times before.. a winning tone.......to be continued..

Last edited:
...with #3:heading off to boot camp this January...he has been putting in as much time in the field as he can...so when the invite came to help out on our buddy's bull hunt...he jumped at the chance..( he and his brother had already tagged out with girl elk last month)...I knew what type of hunt this was gonna be...3 dudes in there 30,s and him being 21...no truck access...I conveniently declined......and brother am I glad I did...word was that they just got back to the trail head after a shot rang out at first light...from there they will pack several miles back to where they can get the truck in ...ahh..those were the days..NOT!! HA!! Stand by for a money shot...elk guys are a different breed...I like elk hunting.

...with #3:heading off to boot camp this January...he has been putting in as much time in the field as he can...so when the invite came to help out on our buddy's bull hunt...he jumped at the chance..( he and his brother had already tagged out with girl elk last month)...I knew what type of hunt this was gonna be...3 dudes in there 30,s and him being 21...no truck access...I conveniently declined......and brother am I glad I did...word was that they just got back to the trail head after a shot rang out at first light...from there they will pack several miles back to where they can get the truck in ...ahh..those were the days..NOT!! HA!! Stand by for a money shot...elk guys are a different breed...I like elk hunting.
Waiting for money shot pictures. I like eating Elk, and deer, and pigs, and turkey, and quail and dove and chuckar, but not ducks, never ducks.

Back at it next Thursday for the closer of Whitey ... 1 more tag to fill here..#1 is coming home!! Pretty pumped ..I'm gonna dawn the pack for this one for sure . We gonna finish!!! Standby A31ers... it's gonna happen ...

When your young...and it's 45 degrees..somebody always has a few cold ones in there pack...the issue I have is Michelob Ultra? Thought I taught that boy better... disappointed....like I said..baby steps...

Word has it...#2 bull hit the dirt this morning....looks like #3 gonna miss the 9er game this afternoon as he is currently involved in another cut and stuff hell hike...hope they brought the good stuff this time....kid has his priorities all jacked up....lots of his mama in him..damn.. standby A31ERS...bulls are dropping like Bulls!!

Reactions: 180ls1

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu