2022 tuna charter

GUNDOGLOVER49

Aug 14, 2020
I have asked Fortune Sportfishing for next Aug, Sept, Oct. schedule. I 'll be looking at 1.5 or two day trips. So far I have from SCH, Stalker00, SnakeCharmer, JakeSCH, x2, Bowuntr, Truduct, Geappetto and Yeti. I think I can come up with at least two more guys so, that would put us at 11 guys.I have fished the Fortune around 30 times both out of Fishermans and 22nd. St. and never had anything but a nice trip, we didn't always get fish but they put in the effort. This last rip out was with new owner and crew and I was a little concerned but they proved they were as good as old owner and crew. The boat will be coming out of water when it comes back up north for a complete overhaul. Let me know your preference, 1.5 or two day. I will let you know dates when I hear back from Trish.

For those who have never been out, rent rods are available but I would not recommend that for larger yellow tail and blue fin tuna. You also have to consider various hook sizes, line size pound test, fluro or mono. As far as I am concerned coffee grinders are a no no for BFT, YFT and YT. but, there are some guys who bing them out and manage to catch smaller grade fish. Big fish, kiss them good bye.

I spend most of my time in Oregon these days, but I’d make the trip just to see if some of you guys are as goofy in person as your posts suggest. Count me in, especially if there’s a game of Texas hold’em after fishing hours.

Years ago when I would go out you could always count on a few poker games breaking out but, I just don't see that any more. Maybe it's just on the long range trips 7 days or more. Shorter trips, the kind I'm talking about just don't have that much down time to deal with.

We should plan an SCH duck hunt. But where would we go? Maybe we can convince Tom to let us go out on a Monday.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu