2023 annual SCH New Mexico Elk Hunt

You gotta know the right people Eddie...them dudes are in the know!!

Reactions: TRICER
Looks like a perfectly placed shot @NBK caliber, rifle, distance?

@Truduct, Don’t ask dumb questions all we need to know is was it the 127gr or 120gr. And we know John shoots long so no doubt 400 plus yard !

6.5CM for the win !!!!

Awesome @NBK ! Can’t wait for the story. We all are living through you guys.

Reactions: NBK
Long story short. Hiked my tail off today. Made contact with the elk at about 7:30 am and could not put it together until about 2:00 PM. Several stalks with no success, miles of hiking and on the way back to the sidexside we get a group of dumb elk to cooperate. Dumb elk are my favorite.

Weather is in the low 20's in the morning. Cold all day.

Under 100 yard shots for @JustMyGame and I.

I was shooting a 30 Nosler
220 grain Berger LR Hybrid
Fine Firearms custom build

Bang flop...

@Lungpopper and @Skinny Hunter are up tomorrow. We are seeing more elk than maybe we ever have.

Stay tuned.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu