Zero days till dove opener

YES!!! Just got settled in up here for this stupid large mammal hunt for 5 days and all i can think about is DOVE now stevo!!! The dove up here are thick!!! Gonna scout it out in the morning for those beautys before we even begin to look for dumb deer or even worse gross pigs.

Reactions: YETI and TRICER
Any decoy layout tips? This is my first year building my own spread for doves. Currently just have a half dozen clips onS I bought on clearance from walleyworld after last years season.

I use one or two robo doves with a half dozen other clipped to branches. We are going to AZ. This week for rabbits and will be scouting for dogs flyways. We'll check it known dove hangout s . I put my robot dove on a ten foot poll on the edge of a Bush or snag.

Reactions: TrapLine
Just ordered a mojo voodoo, one of their wind winged ones, 4 pack of flickers and a faulk call. I will need a longer pole though to get the motion higher, not sure the length of the pole that comes with the voodoo.

Any decoy layout tips? This is my first year building my own spread for doves. Currently just have a half dozen clips onS I bought on clearance from walleyworld after last years season.
Get the mojo and just line a couple up out in fro t of you. They will come right in to the decoys

Just invest the Mojo doves....They are all you really need....If you haven't bought the wind activated....Save your money....Takes pretty big winds just to spin them.

Amazon was fast, I went to cancel the wind one and had already shipped. will throw it in the mix. Cant wait, got my pass signed for opening day.

What's the ammo situation been like out there, anyone bought recently? long waits and sold out shelves? I was thinking of just using #4 shot since that's what I have on hand if ammo is dried up and a hassle to get during the corona.

Amazon was fast, I went to cancel the wind one and had already shipped. will throw it in the mix. Cant wait, got my pass signed for opening day.

What's the ammo situation been like out there, anyone bought recently? long waits and sold out shelves? I was thinking of just using #4 shot since that's what I have on hand if ammo is dried up and a hassle to get during the corona.

#4 steel is huge for mourning doves...If you have nothing else, well then you have to do, what you have to do...I'd start calling around...There's hardly a place that has anything...Maybe Big 5.

ps...You want a dense pattern when hunting such a small bird...Be careful around other hunters too.

I was able to find these, it was one of those take it or leave It deals, the Big5 guy knew he had the upper hand on me. the last box. Then it’s the rest of the #4, by the end of the day I will be pissed off shooting #2 at them. Can’t wait, craving some bacon wrapped jalapeño dove poppers, been many years.

81AD3577-8F86-4900-9234-79D8E00FDF0E.jpeg

Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu