Zero days till dove opener

Dumb question here, but legitimate. DISCLAIMER: I haven’t hunted dove in 30 years.

Im going out to hunt in Yuma with a buddy who lives there, and I can use lead which is great, but I don’t remember what shot we used for doves. I have a few hundred rounds of #8’s and 7-1/2’s that I would use for clays. Would those be sufficient?

Dumb question here, but legitimate. DISCLAIMER: I haven’t hunted dove in 30 years.

Im going out to hunt in Yuma with a buddy who lives there, and I can use lead which is great, but I don’t remember what shot we used for doves. I have a few hundred rounds of #8’s and 7-1/2’s that I would use for clays. Would those be sufficient?

Perfect

Reactions: Nuevo
My crew is out for the opener again this year. I may just charge out alone to knock a few down

Bob,

Are you knocking out some loads on the reloaders?...They would be perfect for doves.

I haven’t yet. I tinkered around and made a couple test loads, but I was planning on doing more when it gets cooler. My garage is on par with the surface temperature of the sun these days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ilovesprig

Ur all set.

Reactions: Nuevo
I thought they had a stay at home order in the IV?? Any word on how COVID will effect this?

I just read a article in western outdoors about imperial valley dove opener.
Imperial valley is asking the state to cancel dove season, due to covid 19 un controlled in the valley. Mono and inyo counties did the same with trout opener.
Anyone know more about this.?

Lock your stuff up, and check it twice, staying in hotels in Yuma. Locals like steaing yeti coolers, expensive guns.
I had a cooler taken with all my drinks for the weekend, after unlocking the shell and grabbing my coffee from outside my room. Had to be 2 guys the coolers weigh a ton, they have big balls . Everyone there carrying guns.
I Was out of sight maybe 3 minutes. At 3:45
If you have a expensive cooler get a bike cable and lock it up.
I was stupid.

Reactions: Smokey58

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu