2nd Tags

eb2ee47bd26d26ed861b230e7d9999f6.jpg

Reactions: HATCHET1
Wow only 140. Glad I grabbed mine A22 and D16 plus elk tags in Idaho and deer tags in AZ gonna be a good hunting season ;)

Reactions: DoubleTrouble
Got one just in case, never hunted D16 before. Gonna hold off onnusing the .338 RUM if I go and use my 6.5 Creedmor. Ive been shooting the Hornady Superformance GMX 120 grain.

Got one just in case, never hunted D16 before. Gonna hold off onnusing the .338 RUM if I go and use my 6.5 Creedmor. Ive been shooting the Hornady Superformance GMX 120 grain.

How you like those GMX bullets..? Take any game with 'em..?

They shoot super accurate. I have a Christiansen Arms Mesa AZ nd get groups of 3 that usually are touching at 100 yards. Haven't taken anything with it yet, I would just stick with the 338 RUM, but I dont have any copper for it.

So based on trends over past years , is the quick buy out of d16 tags par for the course or ?
And to speculate, would this be because of tag #'s allocated, or an increase in Hunter population?

So based on trends over past years , is the quick buy out of d16 tags par for the course or ?
And to speculate, would this be because of tag #'s allocated, or an increase in Hunter population?

It's every year now. Fires temporarily improved hunting in the zone years ago. Successful hunters pounded their chests on social media, drawing attention from hunters that would have never hunted D16. Now people panic purchase second tags even if they know they have little chance of filling the first one. The available remaining tag #'s are posted on forums until we get them sold out.

Robert,

It's been the trend since after the 2003 Cedar fire...Same 3,000 tags, and not any more hunters than before....There's also the fact you're allowed two "16" tags.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu