(308 dies needed), Purchased on line good to go

longbowhunter2

Oct 16, 2013
on the mountain
Please advise if any one has 308 dies laying around that would be willing to sell them. maybe trade for a set of dies I have and willing to part with ? I spent my wad, so take it easy on me.

Reactions: Josh S.
What style dies are you looking for? Bushing, non bushing, neck, full length?

full sizing die & de-capping, and bullet seat , since i have a single stage press, that will fit lee breech press.
Edit: if possible 2 or 3 die set would be ok too,

Last edited:
looking more for a starter set like this, if no one has a set for sale I will buy this one , more my pay scale. I am on a budget. all thought I do like the carbide die set will last longer. and brass don't stick.

buy once cry once, you need to make sure the seater die can do VLD bullets. a lot of the cheap ones do not.

looked on the lee site and i can not tell if it is good to go with vld bullets

Last edited:
Reactions: longbowhunter2

buy once cry once, you need to make sure the seater die can do VLD bullets. a lot of the cheap ones do not. They will crush the tip of the projectile
Thank You for the reply AEON
Yes I like these I like the micrometer on top, takes the guessing out of the equation. unfortunately I don't have the cash flow, but will add to list of what to buy in the future, when I do.
Punkur67 found some used ones. but it out of my control at the moment. I am sure they are better precision. it least it will get me started. thanks again,

In my field of heavy machining equipment there was standard, precision, and super precision, the standard was open tolerance , closes was maybe .001 Inch, precision could hold .0005 inch all day and super precision could hold ultra tight tolerance of .0001 or below. and we had it all were I use to work. but it was million dollar machines ouch.
what presses do you use for your precision shooting if I may ask? for my info.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu