6/18 SD CDFW meeting... Public Land

DoubleTrouble

Sep 8, 2016
Sorry for the late notice. I just ran across this. This is great habitat. A chance for more So-Cal hunting. Hope some of you can make it.

09491c7eebb8f86a36c562a26246dcfe.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Zak and Dawnandusk
Well, that was an eye opener for some of the newer guys...And what kind of red tape (BS) is involved in getting anything done with Fish & Wildlife properties.

Hunting is part of the management plan for Canada de San Vicente....Yet, we have to get an OK from the Brown selected Fish & Game commission....This is after we send in letters to request hunting on the wildlife area....Then it will be on a special hunt or draw basis only....:confused:

Reactions: Dawnandusk
I talked to a f&w guy who signed my deer tag 2 years ago......we are in good hands locally but need some work to increase hunts.....the MB's are f*cked they will never get local approvals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, that was an eye opener for some of the newer guys...And what kind of red tape (BS) is involved in getting anything done with Fish & Wildlife properties.

Hunting is part of the management plan for Canada de San Vicente....Yet, we have to get an OK from the Brown selected Fish & Game commission....This is after we send in letters to request hunting on the wildlife area....Then it will be on a special hunt or draw basis only....:confused:

Correct Steve, wasn't really sure what to expect, but an eye opener for myself and circle jerk for sure. I was mildly surprised at the turn out though for a last minute meeting. Hunters were by far the largest interest group represented, followed by Mtn Bikers and Equestrian enthusiasts, and then that one lady....
Appears things are backwards to say the least. Commission directs the local representatives on what to write in their 'package' proposal that goes back to the commission for review. If what is written is outside the scope of what they were directed to propose then the package may be outright rejected or at the very least pushed back down for re-writing, extending an already arduously long process to begin with. Gotta love bureaucracy.
On the positive side, looks like they are already proposing limited 'special' hunts to be allowed. Steve to your point, our opportunity lies within what we can propose as special hunts. Anything too far outside the predefined scope and...
If this eventually gets done, I wasn't clear on when special hunts are applied for, who approves those?
-Robert

Robert,

Fish & Game commission I think, OK's the hunts....Fish & Wildlife runs the hunts.

I truly believe they try to make this as difficult as possible for us hunters & fisherman.

Correct Steve, wasn't really sure what to expect, but an eye opener for myself and circle jerk for sure. I was mildly surprised at the turn out though for a last minute meeting. Hunters were by far the largest interest group represented, followed by Mtn Bikers and Equestrian enthusiasts, and then that one lady....
Appears things are backwards to say the least. Commission directs the local representatives on what to write in their 'package' proposal that goes back to the commission for review. If what is written is outside the scope of what they were directed to propose then the package may be outright rejected or at the very least pushed back down for re-writing, extending an already arduously long process to begin with. Gotta love bureaucracy.
On the positive side, looks like they are already proposing limited 'special' hunts to be allowed. Steve to your point, our opportunity lies within what we can propose as special hunts. Anything too far outside the predefined scope and...
If this eventually gets done, I wasn't clear on when special hunts are applied for, who approves those?
-Robert
That 1 lady ,man did she have a big mouth full of her self. Glad I went just to see how the whole process works.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a nice experience.
Who the hell told that lady that she could represent the residents of Ramona? I think that she learned very fast that she was alone on that one.
I need time to process the information and assess the situation, later I thought that I could have stand up and say " I am from Ramona ( even though I am not) and I don't remember giving you the authorization to speak for me" ;) and it would have been even more embarrassing for her... LOL

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu