6.5 BC by vortex

I don’t know loading and people hate the 6.5.... she real nice to me, it’s my favorite.

i got bored half way into the pod cast.

It would have been much easier to just get a 6.5 PRC, same performance in a standard cartridge...but i guess than you wouldn't have the unique name.

Or put on your big boy pants and shoot build a 7mm.

I am currently leaning towards a 375 H&H for my big boy pants...but that could always change. My 300 WM will cover pretty much anything I need it to.

Reactions: TRICER
I want one.
Started with a 338 for elk courtesy of NBK and it is any angle pass through the body caliber with the right bullet as I have expereinced with a couple of friends in years past when I backed up their bad shot's with a Texas heart shot and stopped the animals in retreat. That being said you can't go wrong and I still own mine but have gone back to the 7 mag for the lower 48. If you intend to go to Alaska and hunt and want something that will put the wood to a grizzly in a bad situatiion you can't go wrong with a 338 with big bullets. You can truly walk the world with that caliber and not need anything more.

I developed a 338 rem ultra mag load for a friend a few years ago and it was a punisher on the bench, Granted I shot sixty plus rounds to bring the load to fruition but I ended up with a purple shoulder using a lead sled and had to get the owner to finish the testing because I was flinching like a beaten puppy everytime I squeezed the trigger.

Reactions: TRICER and NBK
Listening to your podcast. Sounds like the Creed worked just fine on your Coues.
Pretty sure a deer wouldn’t know the difference from a 6.5 to a 30 cal.
Haha - coming from a guy who exclusively shot a 338 at everything for years and now shoots a 30 Nosler and a 7 Rem Mag!

Haha - coming from a guy who exclusively shot a 338 at everything for years and now shoots a 30 Nosler and a 7 Rem
Haha - coming from a guy who exclusively shot a 338 at everything for years and now shoots a 30 Nosler and a 7 Rem Mag!
Still stand by the words that the deer don’t know the difference between a 6.5 caliber or a 30 caliber.
The main reason I shoot the 7 mag is because the gun weighs 6 pounds 14 ounces complete. “GIVE” me a different caliber gun that weighs less and is accurate. I’ll make the switch

Reactions: JakeSCH and NBK
Me too. I have been shooting the .260 for along time. I totally get it. Laser beam, good penetration and no recoil. It's about as perfect as it gets on medium sized game.

I don't know, I think the PRC or the SAUM are a bit more perfect on the medium size game. Lol

but your light weight 280ai probably tops them all.

Reactions: NBK

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu