6.5 Brass

CLarson757

Dec 29, 2019
Got a bunch of 6.5 brass up for sale. Not sure what it’s worth but figured I’d try to get $1.00 each for the lot.

Attachments

• 9AF409B8-3883-4650-B386-4768A0F5083D.jpeg
    9AF409B8-3883-4650-B386-4768A0F5083D.jpeg
    482.1 KB · Views: 25
Was thinking a shell. You tell me I don’t reload so I don’t know what the rate is for spent brass.

Alright then call it half that. $.50 a rnd. I’m not a reloader and thought someone here might be interested. If not I’ll toss it if it’s not worth anything.

Alright then call it half that. $.50 a rnd. I’m not a reloader and thought someone here might be interested. If not I’ll toss it if it’s not worth anything.
its worth something. Its just its not ideal to pay for mixed brass. If I buy a bunch I want it all same brand and lot at the very least. But hey maybe someone is getting started and would give you a case of beer for it.

Why do people not like the 6.5?

People Love the 6.5 Brandon. I am a huge fan and have been for more than a couple of decades It is a great caliber. I do think folks expect more out of it than it is consistently capable of. Yes you can kill moose and elk with it, but is would not be my first, second or even third choice for the bigger ungulates. Angled shots or longer shots just don't provide enough penetration and bone-smashing energy to be consistent. Not every situation allows for 350 yard broadside shots.

I have shot 4 elk with a 6.5. And it worked all 4 times. One took 3 shots (@Lungpopper witnessed and we have video if @Aeon would ever turn it loose) and one took 2 shots the other two fell to one shot. All were shot with high quality bullets.

We have had the opportunity to shoot a few elk with everything from a 25-06 up to a .338 Win Mag. We still find the best caliber for these bigger animals are the 7mm's and .30 caliber magnums. They just work and do so with efficiency and consistency.

I am not a know it all, just a lucky guy. I think @Lungpopper and @Snake Charmer will echo my sentiments.

Just my two cents -

People Love the 6.5 Brandon. I am a huge fan and have been for more than a couple of decades It is a great caliber. I do think folks expect more out of it than it is consistently capable of. Yes you can kill moose and elk with it, but is would not be my first, second or even third choice for the bigger ungulates. Angled shots or longer shots just don't provide enough penetration and bone-smashing energy to be consistent. Not every situation allows for 350 yard broadside shots.

I have shot 4 elk with a 6.5. And it worked all 4 times. One took 3 shots (@Lungpopper witnessed and we have video if @Aeon would ever turn it loose) and one took 2 shots the other two fell to one shot. All were shot with high quality bullets.

We have had the opportunity to shoot a few elk with everything from a 25-06 up to a .338 Win Mag. We still find the best caliber for these bigger animals are the 7mm's and .30 caliber magnums. They just work and do so with efficiency and consistency.

I am not a know it all, just a lucky guy. I think @Lungpopper and @Snake Charmer will echo my sentiments.

Just my two cents -

Probably the best set of examples out there.

I’d agree as well. I love mine and it works, I’m also not smashing moose and elk. Never quite understood the caliber bashing, I like the idea of real world testing with all calibers. I like reading all about them.

Reactions: NBK
I know a guy that shoots a 257wbymag with a 120 bullet...has not shot a brown bear or moose with it yet...so the jurys out on those mammals..but it seems to do just fine on everything else mammal..by the way....he's gonna flat hat it his season to see if it helps his game. He's also been known to pull out the Remington 700 Sendero in 300wm with 200 grainers when he needs that extra little something...that thing is menacing..nothing walks away..nothing.. that is if he can hit it.

Reactions: Stikbrandon

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu