6.5 CM AR-10 platform

barretwm

Oct 20, 2018
If you were to get a AR-10 in 6.5CM, would you go with 18 / 20 / 22 / 24 inch barrel. Using it as a gas gun at distance. Max 12-1500 yards. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you best get the longest tube you can and reload to make use of it. not sure you can get the cm to go 1500 with out going subsonic and getting messy. you will need 140gr pills going 2800fps to get there.

I would get a bolt gun and save the black guns for plinking.

I have a Bolt gun 28 Nosler and 6.5 Tikka CTR. This is just for fun. I can get a good deal on a Seekins SP-10 or build one and put a Proof 24 in barrel on it. I am thinking about taking the CTR and rebarreling to a longer 6.5.

Reactions: TRICER
I have a Bolt gun 28 Nosler and 6.5 Tikka CTR. This is just for fun. I can get a good deal on a Seekins SP-10 or build one and put a Proof 24 in barrel on it. I am thinking about taking the CTR and rebarreling to a longer 6.5.

Tikka is a great platform for the creedmore if you switch to long action magazines and put a long action bolt stop in it you can load them as long as you want.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu