#7 federal steel shot

I have not shot the Federal steel, 1 ounce, #7's, but I have shot the ounce, Winchester steel 7's.....As long as you let them get close. It kills doves just fine.....Oh, and the Winchester steel 7's are $5.98 everyday at Wal-Mart for the exact same load.

I have not shot the Federal steel, 1 ounce, #7's, but I have shot the ounce, Winchester steel 7's.....As long as you let them get close. It kills doves just fine.....Oh, and the Winchester steel 7's are $5.98 everyday at Wal-Mart for the exact same load.
Thanks for the reply Steve
Which Walmart store do you shop
Thanks

I love that federal load. The 7's are great for mourning doves and the 6's are deadly on euros and quail. They run them through the old 870 just great without jamming. Maybe it is the high base brass? I have had problems with the Winchester and Herter's jamming....Walmart sells the federal for $7.84 per box if you want to try them out.

I'm using the #6 I felt the #7 didn't have enough knockdown on quail. The #7 would probably be OK for dove but to be consistent I just filled a .50 can with the #6. The hue of yellow that federal uses for the 20g is terrible though, after fired the shells match the color of dead grass.

Reactions: longbowhunter2

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu