7 points in California

KoozeDeer

Jul 18, 2016
Hey fellas, so my dad and I have 7 points for deer in Ca, I just don’t see any hunts that our in our reach that are worth the points. Watching X9a for some time now but the deer quality is unimpressive the last few years. It’s that time of the year to start planning, I just don’t see anything in California shaping up anytime soon. What advice would you guys give?

Last edited:
Hey fellas, so my dad and I have 7 points for deer in Ca, I just don’t see any hunts that our in our reach that are worth the points. Watching X9a for some time now but the deer quality is unimpressive the last few years. It’s that time of the year to start planning, I just don’t see anything in California shaping up anytime soon. What advice would your guys give?
I would say give X9C a try, but you could draw it with one point so it might be a waste of points, although some giant bucks have been shot in X9C. My dad and I have 3 points and we’re going to wait it out for G3.

I would say give X9C a try, but you could draw it with one point so it might be a waste of points, although some giant bucks have been shot in X9C. My dad and I have 3 points and we’re going to wait it out for G3.
Correct me if I am wrong, isn’t G3 a very high point unit?

X-12 was my fave before it was X-12...Some serious good bucks still in that area with weather.

.View attachment 47059
Hey bud, so I am doing a little looking... that’s around Bridgeport? I have fished the area a lot....I wonder if Ken’s has anyone that could show me around for a day or two? It’s a great looking area

Hey bud, so I am doing a little looking... that’s around Bridgeport? I have fished the area a lot....I wonder if Ken’s has anyone that could show me around for a day or two? It’s a great looking area

Chris,

This buck was taken above Buckeye Creek...I love this area and shot my 1st deer (1959) at the headwaters of the East Walker.

Reactions: stikbrandon
Doing a little digging, I think X12 might be my unit, should be able to draw it with 7 points. Definitely an opportunity for some bigger deer, and it’s not a bad drive either.

Reactions: ilovesprig
Last i checked...i had 19 or 20....Come on A ZONE!! This is my year!

Man, you guys are crazy with all these points, lol. Good luck in the draws wherever you’re trying to go. Numbers are all so F’d because of point creep, Covid, etc. it’s almost impossible to tell whether you’ll draw something anymore.

Reactions: baboltin
.0004% chance without max points, .07% chance with max points.

Reactions: Kellendv
I'm sure you guys have seen this. Shows how many people applied and how many had max points.. everything from last year

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210430-110238.png
    Screenshot_20210430-110238.png
    874.4 KB · Views: 23

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu