9/11

I remember pulling up to a job in Alpine and hearing the first reports on the radio. Just sat there listening. The more I heard. The more my heart would sink.

I remember listening to the radio on the way to work that morning and hearing about a plane crashing into one tower. When I got to work I turned on a small television I had in my office and within a minute or two I saw the second plane hit the other tower. The first words out of my mouth were Osama Bin Laden. It was like the earth stood still that day.

I was backpack hunting in the San Gorgonio wilderness. When we came out we stopped at the A&W and couldn't understand what all the fuss was about. Terrible...

Our country has become soft and complacent... our southern border will be next... God help us all. Ed F

I was backpack hunting in the San Gorgonio wilderness. When we came out we stopped at the A&W and couldn't understand what all the fuss was about. Terrible...

Our country has become soft and complacent... our southern border will be next... God help us all. Ed F

All very true and very sad all around.

I was active duty at Naval Amphibious Base Coronado and my brother was active duty at the White House. I'll never forget that feeling when they reported that the WH had been hit (when it was actually the Pentagon) and I thought I had lost my brother...

• Sad
Reactions: TRICER and Smokey58

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu