A-31 also now a premium tag

Even as a second choice I thought you could loose your points? I was thinking I would wait till the draw was over then get a leftover with a second deer tag.

What if you put PD in as your first choice and A22 (or A31 or any other "premium" tag) as your second choice? Do you still lose your points? If so, I may have wasted last year's point and this year's point that I had hoped to add to it. How read you?

My cousin puts in for an x zone for his first choice then archery for his second and always gets the archery but doesn't lose points...

Well I can't say anymore it's like the family secret.. But a few of my cousins hunt it and get nice bucks there. This year will be my first hunting it.

TaftHunter said:
Well I can't say anymore it's like the family secret.. But a few of my cousins hunt it and get nice bucks there. This year will be my first hunting it.

lol...say no more. I already had my suspicions on what tag it is ::), I'm actually thinking of putting in for that rifle hunt this year as my second choice for the challenge. Good luck

code3run said:
No you dont loose points for drawing 2nd choice on 1st tag.

Hope your are right and it kinda makes sense being that if you don't draw on your first choice then you are not really getting the tag you want. You shoot Wac'ems? I like them but doesn't seem too many people shoot them.

Yep you definatly dont loose points if you happen to draw your 2nd choice. Yes I shoot the Wac'ems. They fly great and yes they are harder to find but you should start seeing more of them out there. The company is doing well. I put in for A-26 on my first choice and A-31 as 2nd choice and them AO as 3rd choice. No way do I want to loose my 9 points to an A31 tag.
Good luck

Q: If I am successful in the premium deer drawing for my second or third choice, do I earn a preference point?

A: Yes. If you are not drawn for your first choice premium tag, you earn one preference point, even if you are drawn for a premium tag as your second or third choice.

Found this on the DFG website. Glad to hear it. I wouldn't want to waste 9 points on that tag either.

code3run said:
Yep you definatly dont loose points if you happen to draw your 2nd choice. Yes I shoot the Wac'ems. They fly great and yes they are harder to find but you should start seeing more of them out there. The company is doing well. I put in for A-26 on my first choice and A-31 as 2nd choice and them AO as 3rd choice. No way do I want to loose my 9 points to an A31 tag.
Good luck

Question: If you put in for your A-26 or other premium tag, don’t get it, but get a point, and have A-31 as your second choice……. Do you have the same odds on getting the A-31 as someone with no points and has A-31 as their 1st choice? Or are you at the bottom of the list?

I would think you would have the same odds as the guy with no points but I just found out that you don't lose your points if you don't draw your first choice. I'm thinking it won't be that hard to get drawn for A31 or A22 in the drawing and also think there will be some leftover tags cause most won't put in for the draw.

Question,.......

So let's use A22 for example..... If 900 people put in for that tag and the a lot 1000 tags, will all 900 people draw that tag or will they draw out half then let the rest got to "left over tags" ????

How does that aspect of this draw work?.

stikbrandon said:
Question,.......

So let's use A22 for example..... If 900 people put in for that tag and the a lot 1000 tags, will all 900 people draw that tag or will they draw out half then let the rest got to "left over tags" ????

How does that aspect of this draw work?.

They would sell the 900 tags to those 900 people that put in for it. Then the 100 left over tags would be first come first serve.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu