A few pix from this weeks deer hunts

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Lots of bucks seen, but no shooters (MCC rules}….Then on private for Stefanie....Just not the right bucks show up, while she's on the gun....Rut seems to have tailed off some, but I'm thinking this Santa Ana condition might have something to do with it....A few pix, including a couple of D-16 bucks that were taken this week.

ps....I hate cactus….lol

.020.JPG023.JPG030.JPG025.JPG028.JPG009.JPG016.JPG225.JPG008.JPG010.JPG

A great area and some great bucks taken! I have been chasing a little forky like the top one in the 7th photo. I have 2 weeks to get it done...basically I have Friday through the end of hunting season off.

I can't wait to take my son and daughter out! A 2 years old and a 2 months old, going to be a little while longer but it allows me more time to hone my skills to teach them.

Nice pics Steve. The big cacti are easy to avoid, but I hate those small ones you don’t notice until you’ve stepped on them.

This pic has the three doe that the buck I am chasing has been chasing. I know he was with them on Friday, but never showed up on Saturday.

Two of these doe have gps collars on them (note there are more than two here!). My dad may end up filling his G13 with one but we wanted to get the buck first.

Also, do you know what this plant is called? The deer crack me up the way they eat them. I’ve been watching them eat this plant for the last couple of years. Seem to wrestle it with their head.

D33D0F0D-0567-49CD-9AE0-FAB837510CA4.jpeg24EF60E7-1F41-404E-811F-06C8A5CBFEEB.jpeg

Nice pics Steve. The big cacti are easy to avoid, but I hate those small ones you don’t notice until you’ve stepped on them.

Funny Kevin....Not so easy at dark thirty....lol

Jake....Nothing better than hunting with your child....And good luck on that buck & doe for your dad....Oh, and that's your basic yucca....I don't like them either....lol

David....They don't get much better in D-16....That big forky is a tremendous buck and he'll probably die as a forky.

Lots of band-tails being seen....Good acorns might be the reason.

Earlier this season someone asked about some deer scat that was clumped together....This was done by a buck.

011.JPG

.031.JPG020.JPG017.JPG007.JPG194.JPG

"That big forky is a tremendous buck and he'll probably die as a forky."

Doesn't that qualify as a management buck? Sure looks like it.....and it is good buck, as well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

First SoCal buck I gutted was full of oak leave...thought that was weird. Guess they do eat them.

All the oak trees I walked by this weekend had tons of acorns under them due to the wind!

No reason to eat the leaves for the next few days!

Lots of bucks seen, but no shooters (MCC rules}….Then on private for Stefanie....Just not the right bucks show up, while she's on the gun....Rut seems to have tailed off some, but I'm thinking this Santa Ana condition might have something to do with it....A few pix, including a couple of D-16 bucks that were taken this week.

ps....I hate cactus….lol

.View attachment 36861View attachment 36866View attachment 36871View attachment 36868View attachment 36869View attachment 36872View attachment 36874View attachment 36875View attachment 36876View attachment 36877
Awesome pics...makes me a bit jealous that you guys get to see so many bucks, but again, I am on my first season. Lots to learn still...all in all, Im happy with my experience so far. I learned a lot.

Awesome pics...makes me a bit jealous that you guys get to see so many bucks, but again, I am on my first season. Lots to learn still...all in all, Im happy with my experience so far. I learned a lot.
Marcelo the reason y they see so many bucks is that there hunting in private or in clubs I guarantee you that is 10x harder to find bucks in public land do to the pressure of all the hunters .

Marcelo the reason y they see so many bucks is that there hunting in private or in clubs I guarantee you that is 10x harder to find bucks in public land do to the pressure of all the hunters .

I try to always state this....Trust me, I know how tough it is on public.

Anyone can join MCC, but still doesn't guarantee you're getting a buck....The habitat is the same as the public around it.

It may be that they are in private or clubs land but one thing i can not deny, many here have a lot of experience that I can only hope to accumulate in the rest of my life time. I started the hunting game late in life and have no hunter friends to hang out with and learn from.

It may be that they are in private or clubs land but one thing i can not deny, many here have a lot of experience that I can only hope to accumulate in the rest of my life time. I started the hunting game late in life and have no hunter friends to hang out with and learn from.[/QUOTE
Marcelo
I forgot were you are located.
I would be glad to go with you.
Next season. For now I need lots of working out therapy. Get back to shape and strengthen my legs.
Are you in San Diego.
LB

Reactions: MarceloF

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu