A TUEKEYY H7NT TO REMEMBER

MAG 1

Sep 1, 2016
So I got permission to hunt private property in Ramona from a guy I met in the Tennessee Air Port, you never
know who your going to meet.
So he has me come out to the property drives me around and says see you Saturday. We ended up roosting the birds that night and was really excited for Saturday.
Remington overslept so we are late and the birds are already on the ground. We sit at the first spot until 10 and decide to move, under a nice oak with no decoys this time.
At about 10:30 we put eyes on a nice tom movi g are direction in the tall grass, we see the red head pop up and down as he moves in, gobbling like crazy, he gets to 22 yards and I tell her to let him have it and boom ,down goes MR LONG he was 22 lbs 10 1/2 beard and 1 inch spurs. Great bird Remington. 20210403_104743.jpg
Next up my turn, we switch spots and use the box call for a couple soft calls,mix it with the slate and this guy tries to sneak in about an hour later, I see this red head pop up at about 60 yds coming in and at 40 I let him have it. He ended up 21.8 lbs 9 1/2 beard and 7/8 spurs. Probably the most exciting hunt we've ever done. Great day 20210403_114049_04.jpg20210403_105250.jpg

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu