A22 Archery Report

KennyQuacker

Jun 13, 2013
El Cajon, CA
Over the weekend, I thought about going up to the Laguna's, but figured the place would be over-run with bow-dudes, day hikers and mountain bikers...the typical weekend scenario I usually see. So I went to one of my old haunts, near Lake Morena instead.

I had a good wind to sit ~30 yards off a main trail, watching a little 200 yard long brushy valley. I got quickly settled and in 15 minutes, and had a doe run in, hit the brakes at 50 yards, flip around and ran back where she came from. 10 minutes later, I see a coyote emerge from a pile of rocks and bushes, exactly where she was looking when she stopped. The doe must have gotten a snoot-full of the mutt. I stalked up on the dog, launched a tube, but missed. I found my arrow, no blood but thrashed my broadhead on the rock. No other action the rest of the day. FnG drove up on my rig when I was packing it in. Really nice guy, just doing his job.

Anyone else getting out for A22 ?

Nope but while chasing pigeons this morning I saw plenty of does and then a tall forky prancing by the road near Henshaw Cafe around 11am.. seems the boys are still after girls. Go stick one

Jason,

Josh (Flydown Custom Calls) missed one a couple of days ago on MCC.....Bummer..... :confused:

Reactions: SurfNHuntSD

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu