A22 Opener

Sdhunter2

Aug 20, 2019
Hello,

I have hunted Palomar for 25 years. Taken one doe. Seen bucks during A22 and D16 seasons. All i can tell you,,what will go wrong will go wrong bow hunting
sometimes. Arrow hits limb, Buddy scares deer, Missed shots. :kissing_heart::kissing_heart: I could write a book. The key is water. Looking to see if anyone wants to meet up to hunt.
Trail camera works good. I have hunted fire road S907 north side Palomar all the way up to high point look out.

Hello,

I have hunted Palomar for 25 years. Taken one doe. Seen bucks during A22 and D16 seasons. All i can tell you,,what will go wrong will go wrong bow hunting
sometimes. Arrow hits limb, Buddy scares deer, Missed shots. :kissing_heart::kissing_heart: I could write a book. The key is water. Looking to see if anyone wants to meet up to hunt.
Trail camera works good. I have hunted fire road S907 north side Palomar all the way up to high point look out.
LOL I thought it was just me..
Being in a rut I need to dig out and stay the course....:)

Reactions: Goyaałé
Hello,

25 years and 1 doe...dude, you are hardcore!! way to stick with it and grind it out!!! pulling for you this year man, you deserve it! be the arrow.

Reactions: ilovesprig
even tho there is a lot of deer in Mt Palomar and Laguna the deer are spooky... the know humans are hunting them and catch on quick..
become nocturnal, don't come out all during the week ends, they have us pegged, try mixing it up during the week.. they seem to be more relaxed.
while I saw deer and plenty of them, I had a tough time stalking close.. and mostly had long shots which is tougher, especially with traditional.
Bow hunting is tough even tougher with traditional.. lol I want set up deer stands again , if I can keep people from tampering or screwing with my stuff.
o the other problem with these two spots is the Anti's will be in full force, making noise, walking around trying to screw with our hunting .. and it works a bunch of times..

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
I always go in looking at it as, at the very least I got to spend time in Nature. Got to get out of my 10'x10' "cell". Here's to wishing the Universe does you a solid man!

Reactions: longbowhunter2
The other fact was we had an awful several years of bad drought.
All the trees were stressing bad.
Low or no Acorn crop.
Very little water. Just very bad for Hunting in general..
All the grey squirrels in laguna wiped out not sure about Palomar.
Steve said they are still in Julian.
Which is good.
Ground was dry and noisy.
Hard to stalk. Thus terrible Hunting conditions..

Hello,

I’ll go, have an AO tag. What dates you looking at? Cant do Sept 7th, sons bday party, but all other dates good, weekday or weekend. If interested DM me.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu