A22 Tag filled today

jlroberts100

Aug 3, 2012
San Diego
Saw her coming in at 0649 hours, at 80 yards. She was walking parallel to me, on a trail. I grunted at her and she turned toward me. She was quartering toward me at 10 yards. Hit her. She trotted about 30 yards to a bush, hunched her back and stumbled a bit. Walked another 10 yards away, never offering another shot opportunity. She stood there for a solid minute and kept hunching her back upward. She started trotting to a creek bed and ran down into it. I walked out and came back two hours later, just in case. I came back and found her right there in the creek bed, where she disappeared. Freezer is full, after over a mile drag out to the truck. Hit her in a lung and the liver.

92d47ced355487e9c6237a9e26fc1547.jpg

992363470b6895e6fe69afc8631e2644.jpg

3370c90fe2ec89277848c1bc4e63cb88.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice, I wanted to get me a bow for this season but I got so busy with work , I never had a chance...maybe next year I'll have one. Congratulations, fresh meat in the freezer!

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Nice, I wanted to get me a bow for this season but I got so busy with work , I never had a chance...maybe next year I'll have one. Congratulations, fresh meat in the freezer!
Hi Marcelo
Bow hunting is a bunch of fun.
And a lot of new challenges.
Be sure to try different bows before picking one. Don't know your local.
But if in San Diego go see the folks at
Bow and arrow in lakeside CA.
Try before you buy, and they will tune right. Pick the correct draw length. Eg.
Do a new post. Ask questions.
My apologies to the OP.
Don't mean to hijack his thread.
LB

Reactions: jlroberts100

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu