A31

chrisamx

Nov 24, 2021
Anyone having any A31 luck this season? Haven't seen much myself, hunting NE are of old Ridge Route

Nada. I went out again last Friday and saw nothing, hardly any sign either. I have decided to give up on my local area (Wrightwood). I plan to head west before the season in over in search of an area that at least holds a few deer. Was trying to save gas, but my current deer/gallon-of-gas ratio is 0.0, so driving farther can only help.

Reactions: chrisamx
Nada. I went out again last Friday and saw nothing, hardly any sign either. I have decided to give up on my local area (Wrightwood). I plan to head west before the season in over in search of an area that at least holds a few deer. Was trying to save gas, but my current deer/gallon-of-gas ratio is 0.0, so driving farther can only help.
I was also thinking of going a little south...maybe somewhere off Templin Hwy? So many roads are closed now, which makes scouting around all the more difficult.

Still have a A31 tag myself need to make some time this week coming up. Need some meat for the winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: chrisamx
Well, my truck transmission is giving me issues so it is in the shop awaiting some backordered parts. Currently driving a Chrysler 300 from enterprise and calling everyday to try and trade for a 4x4.

If anyone wants to try and meet up I’ll split gas with you and anything spotted you can have first dibs.

If all else fails I’ll be hiking in somewhere from a paved road. Gotta get in at least one more hunt before end of the season.

Deer stay close to the roads cause they know your going in deep looking for them. If you go in deep you need to get 5 miles min even deeper is better 1 to 3 miles is the most the average hunter will go if that hence finding deer in that range is harder.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu