am i reading this right?

Sdhunt17

Dec 25, 2017
San Marcos
so im at the stage in my bow hunting career where i want to shoot anything and everything with a bow. my lastest thing had been varmits and predators. but with my new call i have some raccoon calls. now i was reading over the regs and i wanna try a night hunt. the moon is bright and i know a few spots that hold quarry.

can i hunt raccoon?
whats balance of state?

thanks ahead guys.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    27.7 KB · Views: 10
Can you hunt raccoons in California?
There is no Daily Bag Limit or Possession Limit for hunting or trapping raccoons in California. ... If you legally injure or trap a raccoon in California, you have to kill it immediately.

The season in San Diego county is Nov 16-March 31.....Part of balance of state.

Reactions: Sdhunt17
I think the balance is everything not specifically listed in the above paragraph, so it appears as if San Diego is open to raccoons right now with no limit.

Can you hunt raccoons in California?
There is no Daily Bag Limit or Possession Limit for hunting or trapping raccoons in California. ... If you legally injure or trap a raccoon in California, you have to kill it immediately.

The season in San Diego county is Nov 16-March 31.....Part of balance of state.
could you clarify the term "balance of state"

Balance of state is basically everything not listed as a different zone or area.....For instance, Imperial Co. has a season on coons of July 1st-March 31st.....The rest of the state (balance of state) is Nov 16th-March 31st.

Balance of state is basically everything not listed as a different zone or area.....For instance, Imperial Co. has a season on coons of July 1st-March 31st.....The rest of the state (balance of state) is Nov 16th-March 31st.
thank you worded perfectly.

"Balance of the State" -> means "The entire rest of the State that lies outside of the area we described above."

Imperial Valley is infested with coons.....Hence, the longer season (shouldn't even be one)….Helped my friend Randy (DFG) with the trapping program on Wister.....They were (are) doing a number on Yuma clapper rail nests.

.wister 2010 003.JPGwister 2010 005.JPG

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu