And Again,There is One Less Turkey in the East County.

invisible man

Walk The Line
Oct 7, 2011
About 20 feet up
Had a few gobbling at gray light, and a little while later I could see 2 Toms with hens so I thought I would lay low for a while. Calling every 45 minutes or so . 2 hours later i had these two guys show up about 300 yards down in front of me in the meadow . 15 or 20 minutes later I had them both in front of me at 60 yards and whacked the best of the 2 birds.
Cleaned his clock with heavy shot turkey load number fours. Did not weigh him but he had an 11 inch beard and 1 inch spurs.44331F92-5EB4-4AFB-AF76-26328C09B4CD.jpeg3AE92154-ED74-46B2-B9DB-2400442D24ED.jpeg

Last edited:
Had a few gobbling at gray light, and a little while later I could see 2 Toms View attachment 39195View attachment 39196View attachment 39195with hens so I thought I would lay low for a while. Calling every 45 minutes or so . 2 hours later i had these two guys show up about 300 yards down in front of me in the meadow . 15 or 20 minutes later I had them both in front of me at 60 yards and whacked the best of the 2 birds.
Cleaned his clock with heavy shot turkey load number fours. Did not weigh him but he had an 11 inch beard and 1 inch spurs.
Right on , Bow is tough...

Reactions: invisible man

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu