"And STAY DOWN!!" - Larry and TrapLine - Puttin' a Serious Hurt on a Bitch!

Usually its boom..flop.
And keep on driving for this mammal hunter..rarely have the desire to go touch one..good luck Larry..post a pic of the beast when your done cutting..lots of inquiring minds wanna know how thats gonna turn out..

Last edited by a moderator:
Usually its boom..flop.
And keep on driving for this mammal hunter..rarely have the desire to go touch one..good luck Larry..post a pic of the beast when your done cutting..lots of inquiring minds wanna know how thats gonna turn out..

Yep Matt,

Nothing goes to waste in the wild........;)

Use the rafters in your garage. Skinning this in your front yard does not do CA hunters any good.
I would... but there is literally NO ROOM inside my garage. And the Orange trees in the backyard... meh.. I'll measure.. but I don't think they yet have high enough branches to facilitate this. It's cool though... virtually nobody is around during "working hours". And I should know... I've been working from this home since 2007.

And yes... I fully appreciate the dilemma you're expressing and I DO get it. I do.. just that the sq ft in the house and garage is... jet's just say.. "at a premium".

Larry...you really only need like 24-30 inches max?...its a dog...nothing more..just do it dude...you got this!!

Best story ever, i shot a huge dog in mex. I wanted the hide so i asked my care taker to skin it for me. Hour later i come back and the dog is skinned out. The purfect hide laying in the dirt in chunks, wrecked. I ask wtf and he responds "bien comida"

Larry...you really only need like 24-30 inches max?...its a dog...nothing more..just do it dude...you got this!!

I think I figured out where to do it. The awning by my back-patio sliding glass-door has hitching rings mounted into it for when we host parties and need to secure EZ-UP's to it for safety. So I think I'll just throw a tie-down thru that and put the hooks thru the legs.

And maybe put up some 1 mil on the glass just as a precaution for cleaning.

Larry I just use a piece of parachord wrapt it around a beam or limb and then put a sinch knot on each end around each rear paw. No need for the hooks. Good luck post pics.
No need for plastic anywhere maybe on the ground if you are worried but there shouldn’t be too much blood. It wont be like that bathtub chainsaw scene from Scarface. Well I hope it won’t.
0A08B511-0DC9-4ADA-89B8-6117ABD33ADE.jpegF475C16E-C4CA-4D1F-95E6-3BEDFFA4AA30.jpeg

Naw man, I'm putting down the plastic. I just got the house painted and the new windows and back slider.

If staining happened in this area I'd be pissed and Mama would Freak! I'm gonna be paying for that for 24 months. So you know, what's the cost of a little plastic just to be careful.

Reactions: TRICER
You might wanna rethink the 1mil plastic...the heavier 3mil might be a better option for that type job..

Reactions: TRICER
1mil is fine. And yeah... I know what you were trying to do right there.

Dang it!!!... For a second it seemed the tail was going to cooperate and come off with my careful pulling with an encircled fingers on one hand, and the other hand pulling up on the tail... until in the snap of a finger it didn't cooperate anymore.

SIGH... oh well... definitely going to get myself a tail-stripper for next time. That part bummed me out a bit, but I have to just chalk it up to learning.

Oddly today her smell did not seem foul like before. And the meat looks rather nice. She had real nice neck meat. And the backstrap is way long. And of course the rump is also obviously substantially meaty.

We'll see how that goes. I have the meat in plastic-ware in the fridge sitting in water to draw out the blood.

I hope I remembered right... it seemed logical to store the hide fur-to-fur so that's what I tried to do as best as I could fold it. I did not split the neck to chin open yet though. I did go back and split open the forearm hides.

Also my idea for hanging with a tie-down off that hitch-ring I have on my eaves worked great! Had the boy go fetch me a piece of scrap PVC pipe and just wedged it between the two tie-down hook-ends and it held beautifully.

Wow... It's amazing how strong Achilles Tendons are!WP_20190528_006.jpg

WP_20190528_009.jpg

Last edited:
Dang it!!!... For a second it seemed the tail was going to cooperate and come off with my careful pulling with an encircled fingers on one hand, and the other hand pulling up on the tail... until in the snap of a finger it didn't cooperate anymore.

SIGH... oh well... definitely going to get myself a tail-stripper for next time. That part bummed me out a bit, but I have to just chalk it up to learning.

Oddly today her smell did not seem foul like before. And the meat looks rather nice. She had real nice neck meat. And the backstrap is way long. And of course the rump is also obviously substantially meaty.

We'll see how that goes. I have the meat in plastic-ware in the fridge sitting in water to draw out the blood.

I hope I remembered right... it seemed logical to store the hide fur-to-fur so that's what I tried to do as best as I could fold it. I did not split the neck to chin open yet though. I did go back and split open the forearm hides.

Also my idea for hanging with a tie-down off that hitch-ring I have on my eaves worked great! Had the boy go fetch me a piece of scrap PVC pipe and just wedged it between the two tie-down hook-ends and it held beautifully.

Wow... It's amazing how strong Achilles Tendons are!View attachment 39503

View attachment 39504
No way I could eat that.
CD9EA472-FB28-4C37-BDF4-13721A7C9FD2.png

Wow... It's amazing how strong Achilles Tendons are!View attachment 39503

View attachment 39504
Dam chuppacabra

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu