Another big cat

HortoTheSlayer

May 17, 2018
Boise Idaho
Went out again to another location along the Snake. 3rd new location I've gone to as that river goes for hundres of miles. Went out to a place called Swan Falls but was skunked last week. Ventured to a new spot this week in the town of Marsing and landed an even bigger catfish then my first. The park has a stocked pond with trout and blue gills but just 30 yards away lays the Snake River. I tossed out into the river using some garlic scented worms and within 10 minutes I had my first ever small mouth on the line. Caught 2 that day but lots of weeds in the river so it made it tough to set the hook when I had a handful of other bites. Switched up my bait later in the evening to chicken gizards and 15min after I saw my rod go down. After a decent fight and having to wade into the river a bit I brought in a 25" 5.68lb channel cat! Another PB..It was as long as my 5month old daughter lol oh and I saw a few muskrats swimming in the river. Wasn't sure what I saw the first time but it came by a few more times and was able to get a good look. Cool to see those critters in there.

Made some catfish sandwiches with spicy coleslaw the next night. Slaw had cilantro, jalapenos and some lime juice along with the regular ingredients. Complemented the fish nicely.

1366628187.jpg

1115039671.jpg

2375.jpg

2397.jpg

20220810_225945.jpg

Last edited:
Have fun there the hunting & fishing blows Ca out of the water. You still may have to venture this way to wet a line in the deep six.

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu