Any Dorado recipes

• Thread starter Deleted member 27310
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27310

Well I hit up Pacific Beach but I ended up at the open bar and never wet the line. My buddy did gift me some dorado and was wondering if any of you guys had a way of cooking it up? Checking google also. Are dorado fish tacos a possibility?

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Dorado fish tacos are great!
can't go wrong there.
Actually with Dorado you almost can't go wrong cooking it however you want to.
Simply grilled, or in a foil pouch...
getting me hungry just thinking about it.

Dorado aka mahimahi is awesome.. only way I would not suggest is to bread and deep fry it. Grilled dorado tacos are great.. another fave is to get a cast iron pan, heat it real hot with a little oil, and sear/blacken it. Not rare but fully cooked (and not overcooked!). Serve with some tartar or you can get fancy with a butter lemon sauce, etc.

A simple recipe would be to cut into taco size pieces and marinate them in Italian salad dressing for about thirty minutes. Get your grill smoking hot, make sure you brush the grill thoroughly and then oil it lightly to prevent sticking. Grill time is five minutes per inch of thickness so about two and half to three minutes per side. Have your fixings ready and you'll be eating in less than ten minutes.

All good advice. Mahi mahi
Is one of my fav fish to eat.
Fish tacos, with lettuce tomato salsa and guacamole. Side of beans and bread and o man delicious

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu