Any of you guys on the site a CFI or a private pilot

Aeon

just a dude who duck hunts
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Feb 16, 2011
Going down the huge rabbit hole of learning to fly. Any members pilots or even better a CFI?

i am addicted to the vidoes of guys flying cubs and other stol aircraft. I want one before i move to az

Reactions: TRICER
That’s awesome you will really enjoy it. I am definitely not a pilot but I know a few guys that are. Lots of cockpit time to get certified.

Get your helicopter license so we can access landlocked public!

Reactions: Dawnandusk
watch the vidoes , they land in under 100 feet all the time. think of the land locked places we could drop into!

Reactions: TRICER
Bill you watch any of Trent palmers kit fox videos?

I have looked in to it and never pulled the trigger. We should talk.

Came just short of CFI back in the late eighties (private , commercial , instrument then onto hours to get a CfI, I know and have walked that walk. Even went to Alaska for a few months and came to the conclusion that it was more of a risk than I wanted. My father was a naval aviator and flew ww 2, the Korean conflict and squardron commander during the Viet Nam era and encouraged me to go that way but I did not, even though I liked driving race cars fast. (formula ford's and formula super vee and little bit of work in formula atlantic thinking I could make a living doing so and gave that up in the end because of the finances involved. Something about dieing from a long fall from the sky just did not work for me. Put me in car on the ground and I am good to go.

Az can keep you busy...hit me up..i know a few vatos..

I’m looking for a CFI as well. I have an airplane hangared, and awaiting annual. I have an A&P lined up for that as well.

I have a lot of hours flying, but only a few under an instructor.

Reactions: Aeon
I’m looking for a CFI as well. I have an airplane hangared, and awaiting annual. I have an A&P lined up for that as well.

I have a lot of hours flying, but only a few under an instructor.
ohhhh how much hangar space do you have?

Unfortunately, not much. It’s a single aircraft hangar that is also serving as a storage unit.

Good Wednesday morning, I am not a CFI, but I am an IFR, Multi Engine Commercial and IFR private pilot with tailwheel endorsement. Personally I prefer the Piper Super Cruiser, restored a 1947 and got a stc to replace the original 95hp with a Lycoming 150hp, moved the battery to the back so I can solo from the front seat. I have tundra tires and can land off field. Low and slow, it's great for spotting.

Reactions: Nuevo
We have a Cessna 175 (1961). The original Continental with a gear reduction has been replaced with a Lycoming 180 and a variable pitch prop. Other than radios, and the engine it’s pretty much original.

We have a Cessna 175 (1961). The original Continental with a gear reduction has been replaced with a Lycoming 180 and a variable pitch prop. Other than radios, and the engine it’s pretty much original.
now we are talking my kind of lingo, my gears are probably in your gears box.

Reactions: Nuevo
I am obsessed with STOL flying. I come from a long line of pilots and its always been on my bucket list. Now that I'm furloughed I was seriously considering doing an online ground school to pass the time then start lessons once I'm back to work.

I would love to for that! Has anyone seen the video on Draco, the Polish Wilga? That thing is an ugly BEAST!

It died, mike piled it up on a cross wind take off. Draco 2 is already in the works

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu