Anyone else trying their luck in D14?

jjayson54321

Mar 27, 2016
I made a couple videos with a buddy hunting D14. Let me know what you think!

Please like & comment in the YouTube app if you've Can. Thanks .

Last edited:
I bagged the only Forkie I saw last year. This year is looking much better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So far 0. Not for lack of deer but for lack of poor choices. And bad luck. The lake fire screwed up my planes last season, and I took my dad out for his first ever deer hunt, so I tried to focus on him and where I could take him. I spend a lot of time going after the bigger guys. But not this season.

One of the guys I meet up with gets one every year. Sometimes 2. He's not picky. Just as long as it's legal.

So far 0. Not for lack of deer but for lack of poor choices. And bad luck. The lake fire screwed up my planes last season, and I took my dad out for his first ever deer hunt, so I tried to focus on him and where I could take him. I spend a lot of time going after the bigger guys. But not this season.

This is my first time going out for archery we are seeing at least a few bucks everyday. If it were rifle season I'd be done. Hopefully it keeps up.

I don't do archery, but I'm up there scouting. I've seen a lot more this year then last few years. So it should be a good year.

I will be out there don't know we're but will try getting my 13 year old son his first buck... Good luck to all

This is my first year attempting deer and I got a d14 tag. I have hunted quail and fish there a lot.

I won't be picky as long as it's legal for my first attempt.

Tried it out last year. Beautiful area between BB lake and Lucerne. Only laid eyes on does. Bunch of hunter orange though during rifle season. Would have gone back this year but got drawn for another tag.
According to your video, I would make that a game plan scouting in the FJ.

Good luck to all you guys at d14.

Reactions: jjayson54321
I've seen more deer in two days of archery hunting this year than all of rifle season last year. I'm not sure if there are just more deer or rifle season pushes them into hiding or going nocturnal.

Tried it out last year. Beautiful area between BB lake and Lucerne. Only laid eyes on does. Bunch of hunter orange though during rifle season. Would have gone back this year but got drawn for another tag.

Where'd you get drawn?

What's the eastern limit? I usually hunt arrowhead area.

It goes over to yucca Valley. the 62 & 247. I'm not going that far east though. I've been looking at the east side Of San Gorgonio. It's a hard area so not many people. I'm also going after bear and that area hold's a good amount. I like the Arrowhead area. I usually head that way towards the end of the season.... I need to figure it out soon.

It seem"s like most of the hunters go between Big Bear & Lucerne in the Fawn skin area. I've never really seen that many deer back there during any of the hunting season. There's a lot of pressure up there

It goes over to yucca Valley. the 62 & 247. I'm not going that far east though. I've been looking at the east side Of San Gorgonio. It's a hard area so not many people. I'm also going after bear and that area hold's a good amount. I like the Arrowhead area. I usually head that way towards the end of the season.... I need to figure it out soon.

It seem"s like most of the hunters go between Big Bear & Lucerne in the Fawn skin area. I've never really seen that many deer back there during any of the hunting season. There's a lot of pressure up there

I'd love to see a bear and film it even more. I've never seen one in the wild. Some sign in big bear area though.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu