Anyone hunt D13 zone? CA newbie

SeymourBucks

May 23, 2022
Ventura County California
Gentlemen, I am on my third year of DIY CA D13 zone hunting. I understand it takes time to develop scouting skills but I have yet to see a deer that wasn’t a doe crossing the pavement on the drive up the mountain. I have limited time to scout (new Dad and utility worker) so Im winging it big time. No real mentors to speak of. My Dad hunts but he lives in Idaho so CA mule hunting doesn’t really translate his white tail terrain. Any advice, however vague, that might point me in the right direction eventually would really help. So far I’ve hunted the area around Pine Mountain Club mostly. Lots of sign but no fur. It’s very hard to glass the area. Vegetation is really thick and mountains/valleys every direction. If anyone wants to meet up and hike D13 and do some weekend scouting I’m your huckleberry.

Reactions: SpringTom

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu