Anyone Into Black Powder?

Bluesky0727

Mar 2, 2020
Pine Cove, CA
Looking for info beyond state published regs. Suggestions in regards to San Berdo, San Jacinto, and Julian areas. Not new to hunting, but new to hunting SoCal. Thank you in advance for your help.

John

Looking for info beyond state published regs. Suggestions in regards to San Berdo, San Jacinto, and Julian areas. Not new to hunting, but new to hunting SoCal. Thank you in advance for your help.

John

I just got into it too and want to know the regulations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got into it too and want to know the regulations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wildlife.ca.gov will help with regs. Peep or open sights only, if I read the regs correctly there is no scopes allowed during black powder muzzle loading rifle season. Seasons in different areas of CA differ. For ammo I use Goex 2f and a .50 cal hollow point 250g solid copper sabot.

Reactions: Sdhunt17
I am with ya, I am not about the trophy, I like meat in the freezer, LOL. I think ML season is the last week of December San Diego area
yea it is, i was out there just after it snowed the last week of dec and just could not get within bow range last year. i had 80/90 yards ML shot at the ready!

Reactions: Bluesky0727
You *can* use an optic BUT if I remember right you have to file a form with a Dr's note about your Vision. (Was of interest to me since now I cannot see anything clearly anymore without glasses)

You *can* use an optic BUT if I remember right you have to file a form with a Dr's note about your Vision. (Was of interest to me since now I cannot see anything clearly anymore without glasses)
Good to know, as I get older I am noticing that my eyes are not as good as they once were. Still pretty good with open sights out to 125 or so, beyond that it gets a little fuzzy, LOL

been thinking of picking up a late season ML tag. could have taken a doe last season.
OH really? They have a MuzzleLoader tag that lets ya take a Doe? Do all zones have that or just the zones that you're interested in?

Hell, I might just have to take up Black Powder then! Only need one shot anyway.

OH really? They have a MuzzleLoader tag that lets ya take a Doe? Do all zones have that or just the zones that you're interested in?

Hell, I might just have to take up Black Powder then! Only need one shot anyway.
last year.

Attachments

• ML2019.PNG
    ML2019.PNG
    143.5 KB · Views: 23
Meh... shoulda known... doesn't seem to be able "Additional Hunts" for D15 and D11 for Muzzleloader only. Pfft.. figures.

I know guy in D13 that hosts muzzleloader hunts for the elusive girl deer every November for 2 weeks...draw the M7 tag...write the check..and BAMM !! Big mama down..tasty ladies too..

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu