Like us on Facebook!
Sep 27, 2012
Southern California
schoutdoors.com
SCH1 submitted a new article

Applications Opening Soon for Quail Hunts in San Diego County

zzzCADFGquail.jpg

August 30, 2016

The California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW) is now accepting applications for two quail hunts in San...
Continue reading the FULL ARTICLE

Reactions: 2dogs1name
They are trying to create a controlled hunt. This will allow for a higher quality hunt due to the limited access. I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing as it is open to all to apply.

I have been to this Oak Grove Unit of San Felipe WA....More quail at San Felipe WA on S-2 and it's open everyday during quail season.....Special dove hunts too. Of which, there's very few of them as well.

I do agree that DFW has the right idea on some these smaller units.

Sad part is when this was being farmed by Ag Empire, there were lots of dove, quail, deer, and even turkeys (ponds on the prop too)......Since DFW took it over, they've let it go back to natural habitat.....Maybe, it's gotten better in the last year.....;)

Sad part is when this was being farmed by Ag Empire, there were lots of dove, quail, deer, and even turkeys (ponds on the prop too)......Since DFW took it over, they've let it go back to natural habitat.....Maybe, it's gotten better in the last year.....;)

I was just going to ask you Steve if there is still a water source...I remember that pond.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu