Arizona 2018 jr javelina hunt and 2017 jr mule deer hunt

Gteam1

Oct 13, 2012
www.youtube.com
Sooo Right after thanksgiving dinner we headed for the border of Arizona with two jr javelina tag holders ( my little brother and cousin ).
Arrived at camp around 9:30.
Friday morning was cold! Way colder then last years jr hunt so we knew the javelina were going to be hard to find. Couldn’t find them all day but in the last couple hours of light my dad found some fresh tracks and we followed. Ended up finding 3 big ol’ boars fighting. 1 is still out there, the other 2 got a free ride back to California aha
Was definitely a great trip, all tagged out opening day

Can’t wait to get back out there in December and chase those monster Muleys with my bow

Check out the hunt

Congrats to all the hunters. Do you guys eat the javelina ? And if so how do they taste ?

Reactions: Gteam1
Congrats to all the hunters. Do you guys eat the javelina ? And if so how do they taste ?
Thanks bud ! We do eat em’ , taste pretty much just like pork. Keeping the meat clean and away from contact with the scent gland helps a lot with avoiding messing with the taste of the meat.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu