Arrow rest

HortoTheSlayer

May 17, 2018
Boise Idaho
So I'm trying to upgrade my new bow and just added a 9" stabilizer to help tighten up my grouping at 30yds. My bow came stock with a whisker biscuit for an arrow rest but I've been told I might wanna upgrade that along with the sight. I have a 4 pin sight and okay with that until I I've gotten comfortable with my 30 and 40yd shots.

Any recommendations for an arrow rest?

I like the QAD ultra rest hunter. Brand new they go for around $50 but the the Ultra HDX goes for around $120. Not sure how much of a difference there is between them I believe one has micro adjustments.

What do you guys like to use?

Ditch the biscuit... QAD and Ripcord are great cable activated rests. I've been using limb driven AAE Pro Drop... zero issues and excellent arrow flight. I have them on my 3 bows. Ed F

Approx how much are the install costs to have a tech put one on of those types of rests?

I had a QAD cable driven drop away on my old bow. It did not transfer to my new bow as I needed a spacer and did not feel like ordering it. I made the switch to a limb driven Vapor Trail and love it.

I dont know crap about bow tech stuff, but the archery shop told me that they can tune the limb driven rests a little better.

Either style drop away should fit your needs.

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
So I'm trying to upgrade my new bow and just added a 9" stabilizer to help tighten up my grouping at 30yds. My bow came stock with a whisker biscuit for an arrow rest but I've been told I might wanna upgrade that along with the sight. I have a 4 pin sight and okay with that until I I've gotten comfortable with my 30 and 40yd shots.

Any recommendations for an arrow rest?

I like the QAD ultra rest hunter. Brand new they go for around $50 but the the Ultra HDX goes for around $120. Not sure how much of a difference there is between them I believe one has micro adjustments.

What do you guys like to use?

I just went through this, upgrading from a trophy ridge drop away.

here is a video that explains the difference in the QAD models:

IMO it's worth buying good accessories for your bow since you can transfer them to the next bow and if you plan to shoot broadheads you want all the adjust ability that you can get. (It makes life a lot easier when tuning your bow)

I ended up getting the QAD hdx and really like it, other one I was looking at was the limbsaver. ( I don't think you can go wrong with either of those)

PRO TIP

buy it from a shop... lots of times they install for free :)

screw the biscuit, i have ripcord and it pretty much just works and i never touch it

I just went through this, upgrading from a trophy ridge drop away.

here is a video that explains the difference in the QAD models:

IMO it's worth buying good accessories for your bow since you can transfer them to the next bow and if you plan to shoot broadheads you want all the adjust ability that you can get. (It makes life a lot easier when tuning your bow)

I ended up getting the QAD hdx and really like it, other one I was looking at was the limbsaver. ( I don't think you can go wrong with either of those)

Thanks for sharing the video! so far leaning towards the HDX.. If I buy the hunter version I'm already half way to the price of the HDX..man I knew I was going down another rabbit hole when I bought my bow...

I appreciate the feedback fellas.

QAD ULTRA. Had mine sent to me in AFG when I did the Bowtech deployed deal. Came with hostage rest, upgraded and installed myself with ease.
HaHA!!!.. assuming "AFG" stands for Afghanistan, I was just imagining you over there jackin' fools with a bow, all Rambo'd out! OMG... can you imagine the rep that would come with that! "WaLa... Habibi... I'm telling you! These Americans... they are Ninja Devils!"

Ive been using the QAD HDX for years and it’s a great rest. If you don’t have a bow press, they also come with a cable clamp if you want to fit it yourself. Or have a shop do it.

That said, when I first started shooting a bow, I had a whisker biscuit rest. I shot many small critters with it and even had a few Robin Hood’s . Even out to 100 yards, I could hit a block target with it. Just sayin, it does work. I went through quite a few arrows however...

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu