Az Hunt Video took forever to upload

Pretty good! I enjoyed it, hope to see another here shortly. What do you use for equipment for videography?

Reactions: gteam
My mind was just blown, I didn’t think anyone would shoot a bow at an animal at 100+ yard. You must be incredibly skilled to confidently take that kind of shot. What kind of wound rate do you have?

My mind was just blown, I didn’t think anyone would shoot a bow at an animal at 100+ yard. You must be incredibly skilled to confidently take that kind of shot. What kind of wound rate do you have?
Love blowing peoples minds. As for your question, I’ve been shooting a bow ever since I could remember so I’m very confident in shots I take. I’ve filled both of my tags for the past 4 years in California. And killed 2 bucks in AZ in the past 3 years.. those bucks being the only Deer I shot at. The only buck I have wounded and not recovered was a 3x3 3 years ago, a 30 yard shot-uphill. Jerked the trigger and hit the buck high, No-Mans-Land. Ended up seeing the exact buck a week later doing just fine.FD25D1FC-AD01-41B2-84B7-0E3901ACDA76.jpeg

Cool video... What's your maximum effective range? You missed the first shot, weren't you worried about the buck being alert and jumping the string? I'm just wondering what your thought process is. Congratulations on your buck. Ed F

Cool video... What's your maximum effective range? You missed the first shot, weren't you worried about the buck being alert and jumping the string? I'm just wondering what your thought process is. Congratulations on your buck. Ed F

Could he even hear it from 108 yds?.....lol

Reactions: Gteam1
I am impressed he was able to connect at that distance but I don’t agree with the shot. Mostly because of the three seconds it took for the arrow to get there. A lot can happen in 3 seconds and it doesn’t matter how accurate you are especially with a spooked buck. Gteam is an incredible hunter and he always gets it done. I think as technology advances you are going to start seeing a lot more shots like this. Only a few years ago people’s “max range was 30-40 yards now most guys are comfortable out to 60 or at least that is what they say. I fall apart when any animal is in my sites so I have no room to talk. Like i said it’s not the accuracy of the shot it’s the time it takes to travel. This is why I am all for banning the new digital sites that are coming out. Which a few states Have already banned.
America is awesome and given the opportunity we find ways to push the limits with technology . Another great example is modern day muzzle loaders shooting 300 yards accurately. It’s almost like what’s the point of a muzzle loader season. It’s frustrating these guys are getting a crack at bulls during the rut or just as the rut is winding down.
Congrats again Gteam great video you are a great hunter. Just expressing my opinion which I am sure you know you would hear about posting this on the web.

110 yards. The buck and his does had no idea what happened, they saw a doe (my decoy attached to my bow).
They didn’t see a predator or anything out of the ordinary. Once the buck expired, his does didn’t leave until I put the decoy down and they saw me. In my entire hunting career I have only seen 1 mule deer buck “jump the string”

I think everyone needs to live in their own realm and not call out folks out on what they have perfected or prefer. We all need to support each other in this anti hunting environment. If you decide that you want to hunt totally primitive good on you that's your gig and I respect that and hold it in high revelry because you have reduced it to the most basic elements but those that use technology should not be chastised for their efforts and how they have figured how to use it. I'm half way between both I use radios but don't shoot long.

I am impressed he was able to connect at that distance but I don’t agree with the shot. Mostly because of the three seconds it took for the arrow to get there. A lot can happen in 3 seconds and it doesn’t matter how accurate you are especially with a spooked buck. Gteam is an incredible hunter and he always gets it done. I think as technology advances you are going to start seeing a lot more shots like this. Only a few years ago people’s “max range was 30-40 yards now most guys are comfortable out to 60 or at least that is what they say. I fall apart when any animal is in my sites so I have no room to talk. Like i said it’s not the accuracy of the shot it’s the time it takes to travel. This is why I am all for banning the new digital sites that are coming out. Which a few states Have already banned.
America is awesome and given the opportunity we find ways to push the limits with technology . Another great example is modern day muzzle loaders shooting 300 yards accurately. It’s almost like what’s the point of a muzzle loader season. It’s frustrating these guys are getting a crack at bulls during the rut or just as the rut is winding down.
Congrats again Gteam great video you are a great hunter. Just expressing my opinion which I am sure you know you would hear about posting this on the web.
Thank you for you feedback bud!
But Thank you

I think everyone needs to live in their own realm and not call out folks out on what they have perfected or prefer. We all need to support each other in this anti hunting environment. If you decide that you want to hunt totally primitive good on you that's your gig and I respect that and hold it in high revelry because you have reduced it to the most basic elements but those that use technology should not be chastised for their efforts and how they have figured how to use it. I'm half way between both I use radios but don't shoot long.
Words of wisdom

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu