Ballistic Apps

I am new to the Ballistic calculators but when I tried the Hornady 4DOF on my phone and got bad results for 2 separate guns. When I used my Kestrel 5700 the results were spot on so that is all I have been using.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
I have found that Strelok Pro and Shooter are pretty accurate. My Kestrel keeps surprising me. Ive taken it out just over 1200 accurately if I do my part.
I took my 300wm out to 1567 and made a first round hit on steel with the Kestrel. I ran the 4DOF side by side and was getting a 2-3 MOA difference. Had similar results spotting for my uncle on his 6.5cm

The first two are ballistic apps the last one is used for measuring MOA I love that app.

i use shooter...

pretty hard to beat the kestrel applied ballistics combo however, more shit to buy :(

I use Bullet Drop. It has helped me get first round impacts at 1760 yards more than once. Data is on par with my sig kilo and g7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's a trip is actually that guy has a VLog/Youtube channel that's all about keeping a positive humorous outlook to life, in spite of its challenges. Worth the watch. Makes ya laugh and makes ya think and learn to be thankful.

I really like how feature rich Strelok Pro is. It works great with my "Weather Meter" and is very predictable. The "true up" portion of the app works! Igor Borisov does a great job supporting the application and he always willing to ad reticles etc. Good dude.

Reactions: TheGDog and TRICER

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu