Eisenhower park in Orange has bass in it. My son has caught some good size fish in there

Yes. I use to fish a ton of city park lakes in So Cal. Mostly in Orange County.

Yorba Regional wasn't the best years ago, but there were fish to be had. I have zero clue on current intel for those ponds.

There are double digit bass in lots of them.

.20190612_212525.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Many years ago a buddy caught an 8 pounder at Yorba. I have no idea how it fishes now. Like Steve said, give it a go and report back!

Many years ago a buddy caught an 8 pounder at Yorba. I have no idea how it fishes now. Like Steve said, give it a go and report back!

Yes, they are probably on a few year cycle. When they stock trout in those lakes those bass can grow quickly.

Reactions: WaterDawg
The second biggest bass I’ve ever caught came out of Central Park in Huntington Beach when I was a teenager. 7 lbs on a black spinner.

Some good sized ones at Eisenhower park

.View attachment 39826
That is a fun pond. I used to to fish it regularly in the mornings before work and sometimes during my lunch break. There used to be a group of locals that fished it often and it was fun to share intel. People have done a good job of promoting CPR there and I think it has helped keep the big bass in there.

I do know a 13 lber has come out of that pond before. Those bass absolutely hammer the trout when they are stocked.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu