Bass Pro Shop in Santee???

Yes. They have also looked at the vacant land west of I-8 near Greenfield. Santee has a lot more land to offer though. We'll see if it ever comes to fruition... ???

That would be awesome! Been to the one in Vegas and my daughter has been to he one in LA. She was in heaven!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Breacher said:
JoseC. said:
Darryl, if that;s true, i'll quit my job and go work there!

I wouldn't quit my job but people would think I worked there..... ;D
lol!! Yea. Ur probly right. They'd have to pay pretty good to quit my job. But still, ill go max out my credit card lol!!

tapatalk pro

Personally, I hope it's NOT true! I like taking the kids to BPS to look at all the cool stuff and the aquariums but I tend to buy a lot of my gear from local shops. Several of those local shops just happen to be in the Santee "area". I would hate to see those shops go under becasue a BPS goes in. You will never get the same customers service and local tips and advice from BPS or Cabelas that you can get in a local shop!

Gatorfan said:
Personally, I hope it's NOT true! I like taking the kids to BPS to look at all the cool stuff and the aquariums but I tend to buy a lot of my gear from local shops. Several of those local shops just happen to be in the Santee "area". I would hate to see those shops go under becasue a BPS goes in. You will never get the same customers service and local tips and advice from BPS or Cabelas that you can get in a local shop!

True! But people that shop local will always shop local for one reason or another

Gatorfan said:

Are you are referring to the Bow N Arrow Shop? The BPS "archery experts" don't even compare to Bruce, Jim and the rest of the gang....

I agree with Stik on this. Local shops have a loyal customer base.

Very true. NO-ONE has better service than Bruce. So im sure people will still buy from him

tapatalk pro

I heard about this a couple months ago and called bass pro. They said they have no plans of putting any stores south of the rancho store.

Breacher said:
Gatorfan said:

Are you are referring to the Bow N Arrow Shop? The BPS "archery experts" don't even compare to Bruce, Jim and the rest of the gang....

I agree with Stik on this. Local shops have a loyal customer base.

I'm referring to the Bow-N-Arrow Shop, Fine Firearms of La Mesa, East County Bait and Tackle, Lakeside Bait and Tackle, Angler's Marine, Barnacle Bill's, etc. But I think you have what I'm saying confused. People like you and I can appreciate good customer service and place a lot of the value of buying from locals into our decisions. There are a larger number of people that are out for the best price no-matter-what and not necessarily for the continued customers service (after the purchase) or the attention to detail and local advice that you get by going to a local shop. The BPS 'experts' don't give a damn about anything other than selling you something. I bought my Guardian from Bruce in 2007 and could take it in there today for anything and he would be happy to see me and help me with any issue. BPS (or even the 'other' archery shop in the area) would just try to sell me another bow (I experienced this personally in Miramar). If I go to Barnacle Bill's, ECB&T, or Lakeside B&T, I can usually get advice about a hot bait or bite but I bet most of the 'experts' at BPS wouldn't even be able to tell me were our local lakes are. So, IMO, if a BPS or Cabelas were to move in the Santee area, you can't tell me it wouldn't put a hurt on the local specialized shops we have. I'm surprised FFA hasn't expressed their opinion here yet.

The loyal customer base doesn't keep the shops in business. An expanding customer base will. I've taken several guys to Bruce (and they bought bows) and they in-turn have also taken guys there (and bought bows)

I go where I like the people

But I'd get what I'd already order on line there

I think Gatorfan has it right. A good local business is an investment for its customers...long term (hopefully most feel this way). When a customer walks in the door, the key is to sell the sport not the products. The sport is what keeps the local guys profitable. And the only way to stay in business is to promote the sport through sharing information and giving the very best customer service.

Having a big "Walmart" type shop come in to town will certainly take a bite out of the bottom line regarding local shops. Fortunately, the already cultivated customer base will continue to enjoy what they have been come accustom to - personal and honest service. Let's face it - we need fossil fuel, milk, bread and toilet paper, hunting gear is a want not a need. And when these "stores" treat their customers like it is a need, local small business only prospers. At the end of the day, buying your hunting gear should be almost as fun as the hunt itself. I think working with folks who truly care about the sport and more importantly, your experience is priceless. Don't you think?

Last edited:
Well said John, and definitely reflects my experience with Fine Firearms and Bow N Arrow Shop. HUGE value added every time I walk in the door.

Sent via Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu