Bay Fun

TRICER

Dec 20, 2014
tricerusa.com
Well we haven’t used the boat since October and we paid the price for it tonight. Made a quick run down to SD bay around 4pm. Launched the boat and the steering was completely locked up from sitting in the driveway. I know better but this trip was meant to get the rust off and we literally had to get the thing going. Plus it’s always fun working on a tiny boat with three rambunctious boys in it. Are you done yet, can I jump in, I’m hungry etc etc etc.
Finally got on the water around 5:30, boated 7 fish and we were back to the ramps before dark. 3 spotties, 2 butts, and one sculpin. All on hookups.
Man the big boys are growing I need to get the big boys new life jackets lol. Last year they fit great this year it was like a fat guy in a little coat.

BA20A06A-E67B-4410-8E74-E98289FA4386.jpegBCEE6894-F689-49FF-B680-F5D12C9E4931.jpeg

I saw two men and some kids struggling with a boat already in the water at Shelter Island Ramp around that time. Maybe it was you guys? With two men already engaged I didn’t offer to help. Glad you were able to get out.

Reactions: TRICER
I saw two men and some kids struggling with a boat already in the water at Shelter Island Ramp around that time. Maybe it was you guys? With two men already engaged I didn’t offer to help. Glad you were able to get out.
Ya that was us. The steering cable was rusted solid. I put it back in the trailer and took it to the parking lot and got it fixed. We will start getting out a day or two a week and it will be good to go from here on out.

Reactions: WaterDawg
Ya that was us. The steering cable was rusted solid. I put it back in the trailer and took it to the parking lot and got it fixed. We will start getting out a day or two a week and it will be good to go from here on out.
Crap, we had half a scoop of nice sardines we could’ve passed off to you.

Reactions: TRICER
Ya stuff used at the ocean will corrode quickly.
I use to wash and clean after every fishing trip. Then oiled everything.
Also the sacrificial zinc weights for lack of better words. Brain fart.
Kept stuff from corroding.

I like outboards. I would flush them out with freshwater, scrub every thing with soap and water.
In those days best tech was ship to shore radio. I had one on the boat and a hand held one on my belt.
Never needed it. But one never knows.
I helped a bunch of boaters out there. Towing them in. Lol
Way more expensive boats. Sinking.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu