Bella earns prize1 @ Navhda NA spring tests

Congrats Steve, Ruth judged your dog and told me this morning that she was impressed with the number of natural ability dogs that did well on Saturday, its a testament to the owner doing their diligence when training their dog. Keep the course and you will have a great partner over the years. also know if you are a S.D. NAVHDA member you are welcome to come up and use the ranch to train. Just give me a call and arrange a time.

Congrats Steve, Ruth judged your dog and told me this morning that she was impressed with the number of natural ability dogs that did well on Saturday, its a testament to the owner doing their diligence when training their dog. Keep the course and you will have a great partner over the years. also know if you are a S.D. NAVHDA member you are welcome to come up and use the ranch to train. Just give me a call and arrange a time.
Thanks a lot, will do, it's on to the next level of training. Will see probably Saturday for some snake charming

whats prize1 ?
Prize one means you have a dog and put in training efforts that gets it rated as being about as good as can be expected for a pup of that age (under sixteen months). There are many more levels to be accomplished with versatile champion being a dog that can do it all from one end of the spectrum to the other (field and water and all things in between) and do it without flaw. My wife contended at the versatile champion level for several years and I witnessed the amount of work she put in as well as her finding the once in a lifetime dog you get that could accomplish that level of skill. She had "that dog" and it did the work but my wife was railroaded and was denied because she was a female in a males world and she intimidated the males that ran NAVHDA at the time to the point that they failed the dog twice because the dog wagged its tail on point. Politics is politics and she never stood down for anyone then and never regretted her stance with some of the testerone fueled males that ran NAVHDA . She apprenticed her gun dog skills with the cofounder of NAVHDA (Bodo Winterhelt) and he assured her at the end of her campaign that she had a versatile champion and she was cheated by the politics.

• Sad
Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu