Benelli SBE

hikingwithguns

Jan 18, 2019
Anybody heard if and when Benelli is coming out what another version of the SBE? maybe SBE 4?

I have the SBE 1 and about to buy the SBE 3 but maybe wait if something is coming in the near future.

thanks for the info

I'm sure it will be a few years the 3 is not that old YET!

I love both of mine SBE 1......one in the receiver, one in the chamber and two in the mag!

Always fun to have a new warden try to give me a ticket.....

Take look at the Beretta a400 IMO a better gun for many reasons but make your own decisions..

If you're strictly a waterfowler...The two guns are like night & day...One is somewhat heavy (less felt recoil), rather long, and has a front safety...The other is sleek, lighter, and can be used (& carried) for any game bird...Easy choice IMO

Reactions: duck-boy and A Team
Just curious how does the A400 blow the Benelli out of the water? just a question.
I don't have a dog in this fight (I have an a300 and a Benelli Supernova) and they, (SBE3 and a400 XP) are both better than my guns. The SBE3 doesn't feel as good in the hands to either of us. The owner has done some jerry rigging to fix the grip angle(he has tried all the shims/adjustments already) and it still doesn't feel quite right. The a400 Xtreme Plus(keep in mind it is not a regular a400) to me, feels better, swings better, and feels like the recoil system works better. I also love the oversized controls on the a400 X P. Of course, you can add those to any gun for $150 or so.

Everyone's got an opinion, I would try them both out. If I were picking between me and ilovesprig for an opinion I would go with his:laughing:

• Haha
Reactions: ilovesprig
The a400 is better, let me list the ways

it only shoots drakes.

you only miss when you mean to miss

it can shoot 2 3/4 to 10" shells

its more Italian then the other Italian guns

its just like a black lab, its better

the big one is i have one and i shoot a lot of ducks : )

When you spend that kind 0f money, buy the 1 you want, don't second guess yourself, and most important shoot the hell out of it.
With that said I'm super happy with my SBE 3

Last guy I helped buy a semi we went to Raahauges when they had the gun manufacturers weekend he shot them all. The SBE & the Maxis shot the best for him. He went with the SBE because the Browning was too nice.

Reactions: PewPew252
I hope everyone knows this is all in jest...Well, except Aeon...I take him very seriously...... :joy:

ps...My 1st Super Black eagle (1996) & 1st honker in Canada (2001)...Same gun 25 years later...Utah, 2021

.018.JPGIMG_1347.JPG

Reactions: MAG 1 and PewPew252
Tested both up in Canada and owned both.

The Beretta shot smoother, had far less recoil and stayed on target for the second shot much quicker. The 26" model pointed well and functionally it was reliable. Also, keep in mind that the A400 was purpose built for waterfowl. It lives up to its design.

The Benelli is noisy, points very well and bucks like a young bronco. It is a few ounces lighter as well.

Both good guns but one is a better waterfowl gun in many ways.

I took 3 Benelli's on safari in Argentina. One was a week trip, the other was a 3 week trip. The Browning guns worked more often than the Benelli's. On the 3 week trip those guns killed over 1,000 birds (not dove), and were problematic. In the one week trip we killed up to 200 geese a day and had to completely tare down and clean the Benell's every evening to get them to work. Ammo was part of the issue, but the Browning B2000's ran flawlessly.

I sold all of my Benelli's...
212 Argentina.jpg

My 870 has more mallards downed then @Aeon has teal and spoonys, not to mention I dumped a 2” wide spooner last November and @Aeon dog got lost on the retrieve...

• Haha
Reactions: Lungpopper

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu