Best electronic predator call?

BoyScout

Oct 14, 2022
Hey guys, lets hear it!

I'm getting back into predator hunting and want to order something good. I like the price on the ICOtech ones but not sure how reputable they are? Maybe someone could comment on it.
Of course let know what you think about the foxpros, primos, etc. Thanks!

I love my Foxpro Hellfire. It works very good and their support is excellent.

Reactions: BoyScout
I use an ICOtec 500 good call I have had good results with it, but foxpro is consider the best. Go with what you can afford would be my recommendation.

I personally cannot verify if this is the best, but it is one I’m considering to upgrade from my old fox pro entry level call.

I use ICOtec, long range for the remote, which ever brand you choose get up into the ones you can add your own sounds and not stuck with the preloads. If you got shot at every time you heard Hotel California you would Probably run away every time you heard the song, it’s the same with branded preloads. I have ripped the audio from predator calling competitions from youtube and added to mine as well as record my own calling and added to it.

@TrapLine that was gold thank you. Going out tonight in a pinch and gonna use a Bluetooth speaker and some ripped audio. Do you like the icotech GC500?

@TrapLine that was gold thank you. Going out tonight in a pinch and gonna use a Bluetooth speaker and some ripped audio. Do you like the icotech GC500?
That should work just make sure you have signal out there if you are going to stream it, an ad going off in the middle of the set is no good. I had one of the predator competitions saved and there was applause at the end, blew that set, lol

Ok, no joke, one time i was in a little valley waiting for my son to come back to the truck from a dirt bike ride. i was bored and listeneing to the radio, problem was i could only get some Mexican station playing Mariachi music , I kid you not as soon as I turned the radio down I heard coyotes yapping and calling back and forth...:joy: I am looking at investing in a Ecaller too...so following for any updates...

Reactions: BoyScout
If your ever at wister about an hour before shoot time let out a howl, doesn’t even have to be very good and they will start howling and yipping all around you. Crazy how many there are out there with all the shooting that goes on. I guess since you can’t shoot at them they are not gun shy. Maybe they would make good retrievers!

Haha nice, I went out near Palomar mountain yesterday and got a group to sound off and 1 didn’t wanna close the distance. Definitely wish I could get farther away from my Bluetooth speaker haha

I took out my Foxpro x24 this past Saturday withing 4 min of playing I had a coyote charging full speed like a football field away from the meadow. Also yesterday I was walking around using my MFK diaphragm in the field and was looking for a spot to setup my x24 while I was walking I was howling and when I setup my x24 and turn around to go sit in my stand I had 2 coyotes staring at me lol I hadn’t even turned the call on yet lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have used a Foxpro for many years. In fact, I have two of them. Both are pretty much entry level because nobody has convinced me you need all the new bells and whistles that the new ones have. Foxpro's are good because ALL the sounds are recorded from actual animals. A friend just asked me for a recommendation. I told him to get the Foxpro Patriot. $150 and it holds 300 sounds.

Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu