BFT, YFT and YT...killed them at Tanner

All nice fish! I can’t wait to get my skipjack going. I’ll definitely run it to Tanner if the fish are there.

In the early 90's when the big bluefine began to be caught I was on the Conquest (now at the bottom of the sea) and we got into the #200 pounders that ate the paint off the boat. I put two out of four hookups on the boat (A #188 and A #203 on a Shimano TLD -30 with #50 pound and a spider hitch. Personally at this point in my life you can have those pigs. I'm all about the forty to fifties to land and take home.

This was a 2-day trip, Thur night to Sat night.

I also would have had no problem with 50-60 lb tunas, all day. Would have been much easier to deal with. But this is what the good Lord blessed me with. And I tried to pay it forward by handing out fish and tuna steaks to friends and neighbors. I didn't have freezer space and it wouldn't have been good frozen for that long anyways. Only request I've made to my friends who got the fish was to send me a pic of their plated dishes. Hoping to put a collage together. It's been very heartwarming to see good friends enjoy what I harvested, albeit, in their own houses (with social distancing and all)

I also would have had no problem with 50-60 lb tunas, all day. Would have been much easier to deal with. But this is what the good Lord blessed me with. And I tried to pay it forward by handing out fish and tuna steaks to friends and neighbors. I didn't have freezer space and it wouldn't have been good frozen for that long anyways. Only request I've made to my friends who got the fish was to send me a pic of their plated dishes. Hoping to put a collage together. It's been very heartwarming to see good friends enjoy what I harvested, albeit, in their own houses (with social distancing and all)
great catch. I was getting so much tuna, I started smoking and canning it, both last a long time that way. Don't know if u follow 976 tuna but, the Thunderbird came in this morning with a load too big ones. I think, 13 0ver 100, one of which came in at 350. Some great photos on 976. My friend called and he got his personal best at, 135, then topped that at 175, then one over 200. I plan of getting out again next week.

Reactions: ke1234567

Hello friend.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu