Bino harness?

SurfNHuntSD

Oct 1, 2013
San Diego
www.sandiegoturkey.com
Seeking recommendations on a new bino harness system.. currently shopping the FTF, Kuiu, and Alaska Guide Creations. Any one have one they really like? Preferably light, comfy while wearing a pack, and maybe have an extra pocket to carry a rangefinder or something. Thanks.

Reactions: sherpa
Kuiu for sure. Best harness I have ever worn. They now have a range finder pouch that you can buy for it.
I don't even notice I'm wearing it most the time, even on 10 miles hikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NBK and SurfNHuntSD
I use the Alaska Guide Creations and they are bullet proof. You can get more pockets than you know what to do with. I use them for archery and they hold by binos, range finder & I still have two pockets I haven't figured out what to do with yet.

Reactions: SurfNHuntSD
I Also use the AGC and love it. Range finder, binos, extra rounds, and my Outdoorsmans digi-scoping camera adapter all have their own pockets. One of my favorite pieces of gear.

Kuiu is great, I just got the rangefinder holder and lanyard and couldn't be happier.

zZaILUV.jpg

I picked up the S-4 Gear Lockdown last year and it's been the best I've owned so far. I won't buy another until this one kicks the bucket

This is my first season with the FHF harness. I have done a few scouting trips and I'm pretty happy with them. They are a little over double the price of the Kuiu but I purchased a GPS pouch, lanyard, and padded straps.

Got the Vortex guide harness which is similar to the AGC kodiak cub. Initial impressions was not great since the buckle straps seemed to slip through the buckles. After fiddling with it I managed to make it stay put.

Had a few outings with it and been very comfortable with a back pack on my back. Don't think I would have any issue with a large pack. I even drive around with it still strapped. I have the razor 10x50 and eye piece does bulge at the top. I like the bungee strap versus buckle or velcro of the main compartment. I also like how you can buckle the binos to the harness with quick releases.

A range finder will fit in the front pocket. the side pockets however are very small. Maybe set of keys, tripod adaptor, sunscreen will fit. The back side has a flat pocket that now houses my license and tags. The top has flat elastic pockets x2 that I don't know what to use it for.

Crooked horn.... I don't want a backpack on my chest. I like using my binoculars and having them quickly accessible. I've been using high end binos (Zeiss, Swaro, Leica) for 30 years and never have damaged one pair. That's just me... Ed F

Reactions: nicapopolis
I use the badlands harness with the pouch and couldn't be happier with its comfort. The pouch opens and closes with magnets so it is silent

I just bought the AGC original max pack and am really digging it. Others I tried just didn't have the right fit and this one is a winner..!!

Reactions: TRICER
Kuiu for sure. Best harness I have ever worn. They now have a range finder pouch that you can buy for it.
I don't even notice I'm wearing it most the time, even on 10 miles hikes.

I am with Garrett - I like the Kuiu. It's ultra light, completely adjustable and access is as fast as anything on the market. And it isnt bulky like most (like Ed F. said -don't need a backpack on my chest).

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu