Binoculars

BCox

Feb 19, 2015
I'm looking to invest in some good hunting binoculars with a budget of no more than $500. Do you guys have any suggestions?

I'd go with the best Vortex glass in that price range......10x42...Talon HD's......2 cents

.http://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=CcX9G_bDTVafFF4P_pAPH_bXAD7vRrYcGo_2R4cMBldKuQggAEAEgufrSHigCYMne-YbIo-gZoAHf1-z2A8gBAaoEIk_QCRsjfSaYTCrz_lUt9p4hDgH8OfT6O_PJrkify3JnOuuABZBOgAe3se8FiAcBkAcCqAemvhvYBwE&sig=AOD64_3Uwry4RL6GJsGKnVd7dFBR-_nuEw&clui=0&rct=j&q=&ved=0CBwQ0QxqFQoTCJjtlLvWs8cCFQQ4iAodkb8AjQ&adurl=http://shop.opticsplanet.com/vortex-binoculars.html

I have a pair of the Alpen Shasta Ridge and I love them, my dad has a pair of Steiners and he liked the Alpen way better. Plus they have a NO FAULT lifetime warranty. Which is nice if you are rough with your gear which, sometimes we can't get around. I know the price is way lower than what you were looking to spend, around 150 to 200. But I gave two other buddies who love them just as much as I do

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

go with all the suggestions and get with what fits the budget for now, then upgrade as needed. get out there and have fun. that's what it's all about.

I have the vortex talons. They are great. Look for a deal on Amazon. But if you can save a little more get the viper HD.

I have Vortex as well. Make sure you check the weights of the lesser expensive models. I had a pair that were just fine but very heavy. Gets annoying and hand shaky if you're glassing for an extended period of time.

8SteelTown said:
I have Vortex as well. Make sure you check the weights of the lesser expensive models. I had a pair that were just fine but very heavy. Gets annoying and hand shaky if you're glassing for an extended period of time.

weight is a factor. I personally like clear, light weight. binos.

Ghost

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu