BLAZE ORANGE

Dawnandusk

Sep 26, 2018
Bonita
Gals and guys,
The D16 general season is about to start...
Many of us will be out there chasing does and bucks for four weeks, wear Blaze orange please, for our own safety. It is cool to wear camo but if we can't see each other there is lots of room for accidents.
Just my 2 cents.

Agreed. I don't necessarily wear it in if I'm heading out before sunrise, but I wear it while I'm hunting and I put on a blaze orange shirt for the hike out. I also have an orange bandana on the back of my pack and my sitting/scouting pad is orange too.

Reactions: Dawnandusk
It's required in most the western states, including Montana where I just came from....Auto ticket, if you get caught without it...Even on private.

ps...I almost never wear it in Cali

Last edited:
quite some time back I had a guy who was just getting into deer hunting, he asked me if he needed to wear glazed orange, I told him absolutely and the best place to get ti was at a doughnut shop. I did inform him it's blaze orange not glazed.

If there is one state that orange should be Mandated in ...its Jackastan ( Ca for the fngs)....never understood the reasoning behind not Mandating it there....but then again...it is Jackastan...so nothing is rational...its designed to hurt fellas.

I too would have thought that of all states, CA would mandate it. Then again, they probably don't mind the bad press of hunter accidents.

I too would have thought that of all states, CA would mandate it. Then again, they probably don't mind the bad press of hunter accidents.
I was discussing that with a friend on Monday night and that was what he suspects too. CA could not care less if a few hunters kill each other, fewer to worry about. (So short sighted - hunters pay for conservation, etc.)

@sherpa1 there is a doe tag in sd and a few other areas and quite a few archery either sex tags too :)

Back east it's a must.....so many shoot bushes because they saw or heard movement.
Remember that guy on here who was shooting trees cross canyon with his rifle to scare pigs on Tejon?
I don't think orange would of stopped him.......

Public land should be interesting this year in D16

This is the hat I wear. Each of my kids have there own orange hat too. Mostly of the brand of shotgun they have. For deer hunting I also cut up some of the cheap mesh orange vests and attached them to the back of their packs so they can easily be seen from behind.

1603377255174.png

I was on a lower elevation in Utah last weekend and I could hear shots being fired from above. Luckily no bullets flew my way.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu