Blind markers at wister

TeamRoper

Oct 24, 2018
Whats going on with this place.it looks good ,but i could NOT find the blind. Had 514 5. Went to prk lot 1 thinking it was there but nope. It was out of prk lot 2.
Met and talk to another guy that could not find his blind.what a joke Is this a common thing now? Pretty stupid spending all morning triing to figure it out with no signs out of the parking lots.

I hunted a blind further south on Wednesday that did not have the intermediate blind marker at the beginning of the dike. Come to find out, it was on the north side of the dike where there was no parking lot to enter from. Thought that was bad planning by staff. Luckily, I scouted before the season and knew what dike I was going to be going down for that particular blind so I did not need the intermediate sign to tell me where to go. Scouting is always your friend. Be it as it may, bring it up to the staff when you check in and hopefully the fix any issues.

Whats going on with this place.it looks good ,but i could NOT find the blind. Had 514 5. Went to prk lot 1 thinking it was there but nope. It was out of prk lot 2.
Met and talk to another guy that could not find his blind.what a joke Is this a common thing now? Pretty stupid spending all morning triing to figure it out with no signs out of the parking lots.
So did you ever find the blind?

So i brought up the situation to the staff at the head quarters and staff member David got really rude.he told me i didnt like it to go somewhere else. I said to him u dont have to be ass and he said yer. Whats your name im banning you.WTH. SO I RESPONDED FU.if THIS IS THE STAFF RUNNING THE PLACE . I FEEL SORRY FOR THE FUTURE OF WISTER.MUST BEA DEMOCRAT.
SO DAVID IF U READ THIS YOUR A JERK AND SHOULD NOT BE WORKING THERE.
I expected someone to say ok we will look into it.BUT INSTEAD I GOT DAVID ASSHOLE. SAYING HES BANNING ME. FUK WISTER AND ITS STAFF I WILL NEVER GO BACK THERE. AND Yea i found THE BLIND after daylite..
IM PISSED.HE DID NOT HAVE TO ACT LIKE THAT.JUST COMPLETE RUDENESS

Last edited:
I spend way too much money to be treated like that.not counting the six hr drive Complants to dfg to come

Last edited:
Reactions: MJB
This is interesting. I spoke with David as well about the intermediate blind post being on the wrong side and while he wasn’t very knowledgeable about the situation, he said he would bring it up to the rest of the staff. No attitude or lip from him.

Thats ok from now on ill take my boat and hunt the sea. I dont need wister

Last edited:
What are the odds two ppl. In the same parking lot cantfind a blind. The other guy was hunting in a non hunt spot because he couldnt find the blind. Pethetic management.
The property looks great. But what good is it if you cant figure out where the blinds are.
Just want to say that the maps dont match the layout anymore and the only signs are on the dike marking the blind but nothing from the parking. ya dont know where to go if u never been there.even still i always found the blind before with the maps. I dont hunt it enough to remember.
In lot 2 i found my blind off to the rt. Not left between prk lots. Not even where i expected itto be.
It was bad enough my sat hunt got screwed. But to deal with a asshole like david when i discussed my problem and then get banned. What a fuckin prick!! Next time u see ol A hole tell him to suck D**K. Sry fer my rant. The injustices just keep happening.IM SOO DONE WITH ASSHOLE PPL.

Last edited:
Reactions: MJB
Interesting, I've spent days driving around Wister driving and walking about every dike during dove season, work party-trailer move in day, quail opener, Friday before the opener and 3 days a week since. It has the most signage and most helpful staff it's had since I started going there in the 80's. They're currently out repainting the lettering on some wood signs that I can read from my truck in the dark already. They have new directions to the lot signs that have never existed. A new improved map and gps numbers for blind markers. Some blinds can't be entered from the way they were historically because of foot bridges falling apart so they are marked to come in from the other end. You can park in any lot you want, the days of assigned lots and spaces have been gone for years. This allows you to walk a few hundred extra yards on muddy days and keep your truck out of a ditch. It's not exactly a wilderness experience, some people should stick to malls.

What are the odds two ppl. In the same parking lot cantfind a blind. The other guy was hunting in a non hunt spot because he couldnt find the blind. Pathetic management.
The property looks great. But what good is it if you cant figure out where the blinds are.
Just want to say that the maps dont match the layout anymore and the only signs are on the dike marking the blind but nothing from the parking. ya dont know where to go if u never been there.even still i always found the blind before with the maps. I dont hunt it enough to remember.
In lot 2 i found my blind off to the rt. Not left between prk lots. Not even where i expected itto be.
It was bad enough my sat hunt got screwed. But to deal with a asshole like david when i discussed my problem and then get banned. What a fuckin prick!! Next time u see ol A hole tell him to suck D**K. Sry fer my rant. The injustices just keep happening.IM SOO DONE WITH ASSHOLE PPL.
When I got to my lot Saturday there were 4 trucks parked 90 degrees from the parking signs/right direction. A party that took the handicap blind but didn't notice the giant glow in the dark sign that said handicap parking. This same group carted everything out to the handicap blind unaware the gravel road was there for them to drive to it for drop off/pick up. One truck left because they figured out they had driven to the wrong lot (clearly marked) and another was preparing their case of shells to bring out on the tailgate before I suggested they read the rules on the back of the map. So I'd say the odds aren't that low. I can't tell you how many blinds I've seen built on and people hunting at intermediate stakes that are on a road.

BTW, GUYS,
WISTERS KILLIN IT.if ya find yer blind
The moon phase is going and were gettin storms. The birds are pickin up.so
GET R DONE!

514 was kinda free roam under Rick and is not hunted that often so I'm not surprised the signs may not be ideal. That being said, it's really not hard and don't over think it. The best hunting at Wister is often not at sunrise. If you can't find your signs relax and go out after daylight. I would guess one may have been a bit aggressive about the missing signs and that will not fly at all with the new crew.

Interesting, I've spent days driving around Wister driving and walking about every dike during dove season, work party-trailer move in day, quail opener, Friday before the opener and 3 days a week since. It has the most signage and most helpful staff it's had since I started going there in the 80's. They're currently out repainting the lettering on some wood signs that I can read from my truck in the dark already. They have new directions to the lot signs that have never existed. A new improved map and gps numbers for blind markers. Some blinds can't be entered from the way they were historically because of foot bridges falling apart so they are marked to come in from the other end. You can park in any lot you want, the days of assigned lots and spaces have been gone for years. This allows you to walk a few hundred extra yards on muddy days and keep your truck out of a ditch. It's not exactly a wilderness experience, some people should stick to malls.
Have the new improved maps and gps numbers been posted somewhere? I can't find them online.

Reactions: imdupin
Have the new improved maps and gps numbers been posted somewhere? I can't find them online.
I've never seen a Wister map online other than images loaded by random people that could be any generation of map. They are at the checkstaton though.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu