Boogie Down With The AZ Boys

invisible man

Walk The Line
Oct 7, 2011
About 20 feet up
You all know 1azbowhunter and Oneazbowhunter are pro guides for A-3 Outfitters in AZ. And when there work season winds down they do a little bowhunting for them selves. Well this season they invited me out to hunt with them. Boogie goes over every year for a week so I hitched a ride with him. I didn't get my buck, I missed a descent 4x4 at 70yrd on the last hour of the last day, kinda bummed but not too bad. My miss can't wash out every thing I saw while hanging out with these guys. We went from my house in Lakeside straight to the field where we hooked up with Jeff, and his son Jeffery. Jeffry knocked down a monster on day one right before we got there. They got it back to the house and were back on the hill before we got there. These guys have an incredible level of skill in finding and stalking big deer. If you seen the deer they pass on you would think they were completely nuts, but that's what you have to do if your gonna kill a giant. Saturday evening we checked out a different spot and after a long while we found deer and Boogie called dibs on this buck and went for it right before sundown. Probably a 2 mile hike to get into position above this buck that was bedded up with 2 does. Just about the time he got to them they got up and started moving. It looked like it was over but he turned the tables on this guy and made it happen. He killed him 2 miles away on top of a mountain. We grab are our gear and head for the truck. We had about a 25 min drive to get around to where we could hike to him, So he got him gutted and drug him off the back side to the mountain into wash below. When we finally found him it was dark and cold. Jeff and boogie boned out the back half stuffed the pack full. And Boogie through the front half over his shoulder and off we went. Long hike out in the dark. We got home late got some sleep got up early and hit again at 5:00am the next morning. Every day was like that, glassing and stalking till dark. On Saturday we went to a spot where we found a big buck a few days earlier and there were hunters all over the place like maybe we were not only guys who knew he was there. We left knowing he was probably holed up pretty tight from the all the commotion. We returned on Sunday and these guys found him pretty fast. Wouldn't you know it 3/4 up the tallest mountain in the area. So Jeff picked his line and off he went. Soon he was above him putting a most epic stalk on him. The buck made a mistake and Jeff double lunged him at about 40. The buck shot out of cannon straight down the mountain and piled up in a bushy rocky ravine and was dead in about 30 seconds. These guys are freaks! So driven to kill big deer. What a week it was. Jeff, Matt, and Jeffry Thanks for dragging me along. I can't wait for next January.

Attachments

• Boogers Buck.jpg
    Boogers Buck.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 98
  • Big Poppy.jpg
    Big Poppy.jpg
    536.2 KB · Views: 84
  • Jeffry's Magnum Buck.jpg
    Jeffry's Magnum Buck.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 82
Reactions: longbowhunter2
Wow. Sounds like an awesome trip! I know how you feel coming away empty-handed yet still grateful to have seen all that go down. Great stuff.

pretty awesome to get to hunt with those guys it seems like, thanks for the story ! hope you get one next year !

Just wanted to add a little something to this story, not only was it epic hunting but so much fun when you get to hunt with good friends! Just want to thank Jeff & Jeffrey again for having us. Funny ending to the story after driving all the way across the dessert at 90MPH I get a freaken ticket going 60 in a 50 after dropping off Invisible Man in Lakeside!

boogie said:
Just wanted to add a little something to this story, not only was it epic hunting but so much fun when you get to hunt with good friends! Just want to thank Jeff & Jeffrey again for having us. Funny ending to the story after driving all the way across the dessert at 90MPH I get a freaken ticket going 60 in a 50 after dropping off Invisible Man in Lakeside!

That's when you know you're in Cali! Lol

I would have liked to seen the look on the cops face when you put the window down and the smell came out of that truck and hit him in the face. We had 4 guys driving around for a whole week eating nothing but pizza bologna sandwiches Fritos and bean dip and beef jerky. The smell of the inside of that truck will never be the same.

You all know 1azbowhunter and Oneazbowhunter are pro guides for A-3 Outfitters in AZ. And when there work season winds down they do a little bowhunting for them selves. Well this season they invited me out to hunt with them. Boogie goes over every year for a week so I hitched a ride with him. I didn't get my buck, I missed a descent 4x4 at 70yrd on the last hour of the last day, kinda bummed but not too bad. My miss can't wash out every thing I saw while hanging out with these guys. We went from my house in Lakeside straight to the field where we hooked up with Jeff, and his son Jeffery. Jeffry knocked down a monster on day one right before we got there. They got it back to the house and were back on the hill before we got there. These guys have an incredible level of skill in finding and stalking big deer. If you seen the deer they pass on you would think they were completely nuts, but that's what you have to do if your gonna kill a giant. Saturday evening we checked out a different spot and after a long while we found deer and Boogie called dibs on this buck and went for it right before sundown. Probably a 2 mile hike to get into position above this buck that was bedded up with 2 does. Just about the time he got to them they got up and started moving. It looked like it was over but he turned the tables on this guy and made it happen. He killed him 2 miles away on top of a mountain. We grab are our gear and head for the truck. We had about a 25 min drive to get around to where we could hike to him, So he got him gutted and drug him off the back side to the mountain into wash below. When we finally found him it was dark and cold. Jeff and boogie boned out the back half stuffed the pack full. And Boogie through the front half over his shoulder and off we went. Long hike out in the dark. We got home late got some sleep got up early and hit again at 5:00am the next morning. Every day was like that, glassing and stalking till dark. On Saturday we went to a spot where we found a big buck a few days earlier and there were hunters all over the place like maybe we were not only guys who knew he was there. We left knowing he was probably holed up pretty tight from the all the commotion. We returned on Sunday and these guys found him pretty fast. Wouldn't you know it 3/4 up the tallest mountain in the area. So Jeff picked his line and off he went. Soon he was above him putting a most epic stalk on him. The buck made a mistake and Jeff double lunged him at about 40. The buck shot out of cannon straight down the mountain and piled up in a bushy rocky ravine and was dead in about 30 seconds. These guys are freaks! So driven to kill big deer. What a week it was. Jeff, Matt, and Jeffry Thanks for dragging me along. I can't wait for next January.
Boogie Taking part in a AZ OTC hunt.

Reactions: longbowhunter2

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu