Boundaries of the Laguna Mountain Recreation Area

YETI

May 14, 2019
San Diego
Can anyone point me to a map which shows the boundaries of the Laguna Mountain Recreation Area? I know it's an archery only zone but I'm not sure what the boundaries are. I found a spot a couple of months ago when I was out doing things in a place off Sunrise Highway. I'd like to hunt it with my rifle but don't want to fall afoul of the men in green.

Thanks in advance.

Can anyone point me to a map which shows the boundaries of the Laguna Mountain Recreation Area? I know it's an archery only zone but I'm not sure what the boundaries are. I found a spot a couple of months ago when I was out doing things in a place off Sunrise Highway. I'd like to hunt it with my rifle but don't want to fall afoul of the men in green.

Thanks in advance.
Just make sure you are past the signs that say leaving recreation area. I parked one year right by one of the signs and hunted past the sign with a rifle. Ended up taking a small buck but when I got back to my jeep had a conversation with Warden about even being parked a few feet on the wrong side of the line. Good to hear guys are trying to play by the rules. I see still see guys with rifles inside the rec area every year. When will they get it lol

Reactions: YETI
Just make sure you are past the signs that say leaving recreation area. I parked one year right by one of the signs and hunted past the sign with a rifle. Ended up taking a small buck but when I got back to my jeep had a conversation with Warden about even being parked a few feet on the wrong side of the line. Good to hear guys are trying to play by the rules. I see still see guys with rifles inside the rec area every year. When will they get it lol
Why would it matter where you were parked? As long as the buck was taken legally, I wouldn't think it would matter. But, as my wife reminds me, I can be wrong.

Why would it matter where you were parked? As long as the buck was taken legally, I wouldn't think it would matter. But, as my wife reminds me, I can be wrong.
From what I took away from the convo with the warden was the issue was walking through the rec are with a rifle. Even if it was only a few yards on the wrong side of the sign. I was only 18 at the time so I wasnt to much informed on rules. I took my first buck in laguna with a rifle and then never hunted with a rifle up there again. The legal rifle area of Laguna doesnt hold much deer well at least the nice part of it. If you get into the brushier areas you see plenty of sign but hunting it effectively is a challenge.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu