Bowfishing bow set up for newb

Littlmama

Jan 14, 2020
Anyone have any experience with bowfishing/set ups? Any suggestions on a bow for bow fishing that you like? Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

So recurve is the way to go? Going out to lakeside to check one out in a few, so this info is much appreciated. Thank you..looks fun

just curious but why Oneida for bow fishing. i see a lot of them used for it? @Lungpopper

It pulls like a recurve. So you don’t have that cam rolling over into the valley.
Advantage of that is for some quick shots you don’t have time for a full draw.
You may only get partially through the draw and have to release on a fish.

Reactions: Littlmama and Aeon
It pulls like a recurve. So you don’t have that cam rolling over into the valley.
Advantage of that is for some quick shots you don’t have time for a full draw.
You may only get partially through the draw and have to release on a fish.
that makes sense!

Looking forward to Henshaw opening.
I took the kids (my son & little sisters) out yesterday, to try the little pse bow I picked up in Lakeside. (That is all they had available for a ready to fish set up). Nothing much to say about it yet, because we didn't see many fish...but the kids had a blast with it, and deff want to go again. I also found out, I rather like shooting a bow! Fun times. Will post more when I can test the bow a bit more.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu